At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Shared Services (SS) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Shared Services Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by providing high quality support to a diverse global team. Our services include office and property management, office technology troubleshooting, events and meetings support, vendor relations management, mail & shipments and reception services. In addition, Shared Services oversees the consultant database, owner of the travel policy and more broadly strives to serve all HQ departments in various ways.
The Coordinator will demonstrate excellent customer service, initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, complete projects with positive results and generally provide day-to-day operations support as well as provide direct support to other teams/departments. This position provides support services to Pact’s headquarter office as well as Country Offices and reports to the Shared Services Team Lead.
Facilities Mgmt. & Administration
- Support Shared Services Team Lead with building and equipment maintenance schedules
- Coordinate document retention both on and off site
- Manage and maintain basement storage rooms and inventory
- Address day-to-day office printer issues and ensure that vendors are notified to fix problems
- Coordinate office moves that may require lifting up-to 50 lbs.
- Ensures that the office is neat and clean at all time
Events & Meeting Support
- Provide technical support; ensuring the on-line reservation, setting up conference calls, set up AV, etc.
- Partner with Executive Assistant of the CEO in all Board related activities including preparing board materials, organizing meetings, food and room set up, travel arrangements, and other support as needed
Consultant Agreements Support
- Audit Consultant agreement folders within Salesforce for completeness
- Answer questions and gather feedback on new policy
- Schedule and lead policy/process trainings
- Create, update and maintain documents for Shared Services on Pact’s intranet
- Cross train with others in Shared Services Team
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Support other departments and performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Vendor and supply management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of security, safety, and facility measures
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Strong and proven ability to build and develop internal and external relationships
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Solid knowledge of travel, international and domestic
- Catering and events coordination
- A demonstrated interest in international development is desirable
- Project management is a plus
- Utilities and infrastructure knowledge
- Procurement and contract management
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.