1. To provide remote assistance for TDY (Temporary Duty) Technical Advisors (TA)
2. When required, to provide direct technical assistance for response and recovery programs
3. To assist the Shelter and Settlement team meet other longer term targets through the production of presentations and case studies
1. To provide remote assistance for TDY Technical Advisors
* To carry out research and collect information as required to support TAs
* To assist in the production of resources to promote the work of CRS
2. Either remotely or within country provide direct support to relief and recovery programs
3. To assist in research projects
* To support TAs in managing research projects
* To carry out any background research and collate information
* To help produce written reports and assist with any graphic design and desktop publishing
4. To produce case studies to promote CRS shelter programs and strategies
* Collate and review information for case studies
* To produce the written content and manage the review process
* To be responsible for the graphic design and desktop publishing
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: STA Shelter and Settlements, TA Shelter and Settlements, Director and Deputy Director of the HRD, HRD Team Members, relevant CPs, CRS’ shelter and settlement community of practice.
External:Technical advisors and representatives; other shelter and settlements learning initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Research and report writing
* High standard of written English
* Working with MS Word and Powerpoint (essential)
* Working with desktop publishing and graphic design – InDesign or similar (preferred)
* Ability to work remotely
* Ability to travel as required for periods of up to 1 months
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.