Chemonics seeks a short-term knowledge management and learning specialist for the $18 million, five-year Adaptation, Thought Leadership, and Assessments (ATLAS) task order under the Restoring the Environment Through Prosperity, Livelihoods, and Ecosystems IDIQ. Based in Washington, D.C., ATLAS aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of USAID’s and countries’ development programs. The purpose of ATLAS is to reduce climate risks by testing and harmonizing approaches to adaptation assessment, facilitating thought leadership, and building the capacity of USAID and its partners. The knowledge management and learning specialist will support knowledge management, knowledge sharing, and learning for ATLAS. In doing so, the specialist will work with USAID/Washington, USAID missions, country and implementing partners, and climate change and development practitioners to more effectively apply tools and approaches for assessing climate change’s effects and integrating relevant considerations into development programming. The specialist will report to the ATLAS’ chief of party. This assignment is based in Washington, D.C., and will begin in or around January 2019 and end in or around April 2019. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work closely with USAID, the chief of party, and other members of the project team to develop learning and communication products that encourage maximum outreach and uptake of project results among USAID staff and implementing partners
- Translate technical findings into more user-friendly products, like infographics and policy briefs, for non-technical audiences
- Organize and facilitate monthly Adaptation Community Meetings that convene development practitioners and researchers to exchange ideas and experiences related to climate change adaptation (both in person and through an online webinar)
- Lead the development of communication products such as maps, icons, infographics, and other visual learning products in close coordination with ATLAS’ communications specialist and cartographer
- Review and edit project deliverables (reports, assessments, etc.) to ensure they are appropriately tailored to the target audience, follow project branding and marking requirements, and deliver key messages effectively
- Identify opportunities to disseminate key results and lessons learned, sharing research findings via various platforms, such as learning events, conferences, blogs, social media, and online knowledge sharing platforms/communities of practice
- Develop and share appropriate learning tools, such as report templates, model statements of work, methodologies, and training modules informed by project assessments and findings
- Communicate ATLAS project results and key findings to USAID and other stakeholders
- Consider the relevant gender and social issues associated with ATLAS learning and capacity building activities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, knowledge management, international development, or another relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience implementing knowledge management processes and systems, including capturing and sharing project or institutional knowledge
- Minimum of three years of experience developing communications and technical products for print and online (e.g., blogs and policy briefs) as well as managing content through systems such as Google Drive and SharePoint
- Professional writing, editing, formatting, or production skills
- At least five years of experience related to natural resource management, climate change, or other environmental issues preferred
- Expertise in social media, visual communication, user experience, or graphic design preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “ATLAS Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist” in the subject line to ATLASRecruiting@chemonics.com by November 19, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.