Short-Term, Project Development and Communications Consultant (Expat),
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program, Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
The development and communications consultant (DCC) will support SACCI activities in the area of producing and ensuring the quality of written communications materials as well as facilitating the process of converting Ukrainian (and/or non-native English) language-produced reports, strategic planning materials, public outreach materials, briefing memos, meeting notes and other documents into high quality English language products. The DCC will also play a key role in facilitating communication and dialog on SACCI Project activities both internally across SACCI office operating units and with external stakeholders. The DCC will also contribute to SACCI program activity planning, design and reporting processes. The DCC will report to the communications team lead (CTL) on all technical matters and to the deputy chief of party (DCOP) on administrative matters.
**Please note: Only native English speakers are eligible for this position**
- Support SACCI in the writing, production and editing of key English language written documents including formal reports, briefing memos, public outreach materials, success stories related to project activities and accomplishments, fact sheets, Power Point presentations, analytical and policy documents and high-level meeting summaries.
- Ensure the quality and compliance with USAID requirement of all project deliverables and other project documents.
- Provide support to the SACCI team in effectively communicating project goals, achievements and information in English, including in social media.
- Contribute to SACCI activities in building capacity and skills of SACCI counterparts and beneficiaries in the government, civil society and the mass media to develop and implement effective anti-corruption public communication activities.
- Support SACCI in implementing activities towards reaching SACCI project objectives and targets.
- Contribute to organizing and conducting workshops, trainings, and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning.
- Demonstrate diplomacy to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Collaborate with the SACCI team on achieving results and reaching targets.
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required.
- Higher education in communications, community development, English or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience conducting educational, development or outreach activities.
- Experience working with Ukrainian communities and/or with governmental and civil society institutions on development or educational issues.
- Demonstrated copy editing experience of the English texts.
- Knowledge of USAID branding and marking requirements is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of communicating key community issues, particularly related to anti-corruption and good governance, to different audiences.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media tools (Facebook, YouTube etc.).
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and a self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Native English and proficiency in Ukrainian required.
Period of Performance:
Estimate 120 days between September 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019 with the possibility for extension.
Position is based in Kyiv, Ukraine. No relocation, housing or benefits will be provided.
*Application submission deadline is Friday August 10, 2018, by 6:00 PM Kyiv time.
Late applications will not be accepted.*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com