Panagora Group seeks a Spanish-speaking Marine Conservation & Biodiversity Specialist that will contribute to preparatory assessments for a Program Appraisal Document (PAD) for bio-diversity programming in the Caribbean funded by USAID. This assignment will take place from January through April 2019 and will include field work in the Dominican Republic and remote support. We seek innovative and highly motivated individuals to work on our team.
USAID/Dominican Republic (DR) currently handles overall management and programming of the USAID-funded Caribbean Development Program (CDP) Operating Unit (OU). At this time, there is no unifying regional strategic document which guides the decision-making process for biodiversity and climate change programming in the Caribbean. To guide and facilitate this process, the CDP OU is in need of a new Program Appraisal Document (PAD) to guide future programming and decision-making regarding biodiversity and climate change.
- Leverage local networks and regional expertise to identify key stakeholders in marine conservation and biodiversity in Dominican Republic and the Caribbean
- Organize stakeholder meetings with host country governments, non-governmental organizations, and other actors involved in biodiversity conservation in Dominican Republic and the Caribbean
- Generate questions to effectively gather data regarding biodiversity, climate change, and marine conservation in stakeholder meetings
- Carry out meetings with our client’s representatives and facilitate direct dialogue between existing partners and agencies (including NGOs, U.S. government agencies and other international donors), to capture perspectives on biodiversity topics in the region.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, international development, or other related fields
- At least 10 years of professional experience working in fields related to biodiversity, environmental management, climate change adaptation, and international development
- Deep knowledge of USAID programming, preferably through prior experience working within a USAID Mission
- Experience in conducting research, including desk reviews, analyses, and assessments required
- Experience performing research through stakeholder meetings
- Experience working in Dominican Republic and the Caribbean strongly preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.