Resonance is seeking a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Expert to provide technical leadership on completing a baseline feasibility study to determine the key challenges and roadblocks towards eliminating cholera in Haiti. The findings of the study will be used to determine if innovative financing mechanisms such as a development impact bond (DIB) can be used to scale existing or deploy new interventions that will lead to the elimination of cholera in Haiti. The evaluation, lasting up to 2 months, will consist of: (1) completing a comprehensive desk review and analysis of best practices in cholera intervention and prevention; and (2) conducting a landscape assessment of existing WASH projects and other related work in Haiti by USAID and other partners including a potential 2-week in-country mission trip.
- Contribute significantly to comprehensive desk review regarding cholera intervention and prevention best practices in Haiti and similar tropical environments to date.
- Serve as a team member and technical advisor on a field-based evaluation to determine existing cholera and WASH projects currently being implemented in Haiti, to assess indicators used to measure the progress towards eliminating cholera in the country, to identify key stakeholder group motivations in participating in WASH interventions, and to make concrete recommendations for addressing identified roadblocks and challenges.
- Support and contribute to data analysis activities, compile recommendations from the desk review and field evaluation, and contribute to key sections to the final findings report.
- As needed or requested, participate in debriefs to USAID and other stakeholders, upon completion of the final report.
- 7+ years relevant professional experience in the WASH sector.
- Experience in designing and implementing overseas WASH programs, preferably focused on cholera elimination/prevention as well as conducting evaluations of existing programs.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, brokering, and/or overseeing the development of public-private alliances and partnerships
- Excellent management and communication skills including report writing.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated understanding regarding the collection and use of sensitive data in order to protect confidentiality and must possess skills in gender and cultural sensitivity.
- Native or bi-lingual proficiency in written and spoken English and French
- Previous work experience in Haiti and on USAID programming preferred
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “WASH Expert, HMI” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.