Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks short-term technical consultants to be proposed as part of a USAID-funded activity to provide services for the purpose of strengthening implementation of the Program Cycle throughout the Agency for the Bureau of Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL) in Washington, DC. This pool of experts will provide support and advisory services in strategic design, program planning, and program monitoring, evaluation and learning to develop and disseminate new and innovative tools and guidance, deliver trainings and workshops, support internal and external web-based knowledge management platforms, and place subject matter experts in USAID Missions and Washington Operating Units (OUs) to serve as change agents across the Agency.
These are short-term positions comprising a roster of on-call experts to be deployed as needed over the five-year period of performance.
- Support activities that create a best-practice business model for evidence-based program design, implementation, learning, and adapting to operationalize Agency priorities and achieve development outcomes, including through “setting the standard” of effective Program Cycle implementation;
- Provide support and capacity building for USAID Operating Units to implement the Program Cycle;
Provide technical and advisory services to:
- Build capacity in each component of the Program Cycle and across components of the Program Cycle in order to strengthen overall Agency technical expertise in strategic planning, project design, activity design, monitoring, evaluation, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA), including through training.
- Facilitate and coordinate the sharing of examples from field and Washington OU Program Cycle implementation and synthesize as appropriate to facilitate peer-to-peer learning.
- Provide thought leadership on and support the testing of innovative techniques related to the Program Cycle, including in strategic planning, project and activity design, monitoring, evaluation, and CLA.
- Assist PPL to articulate and implement a change management strategy for further institutionalization of an integrated Program Cycle throughout the Agency.
- Develop techniques and tools to facilitate collaboration across OU offices, including techniques for using existing processes (such as portfolio reviews) to promote coordination across offices.
- Support development and implementation of Agency-wide learning agendas on various topics.
- Advise on and support PPL-managed evaluations, evaluation syntheses, and dissemination of evaluation findings.
- Analyze, visualize and support dissemination of Agency-wide program performance based in part on analysis of OU level reporting.
- Master’s degree in business, international development, strategic planning, organizational development or a relevant field
- At least 7-10 years of USAID project design, performance management, and/or implementation or relevant work experience required;
- Experience with capacity building, facilitation, monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management;
- Experience providing strategic design, program planning, and program management services;
- Familiarity with USAID’s Program Cycle, including Country and Regional Strategic Planning; Project Design &Implementation; Activity Design & Implementation; and Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Understanding of USAID’s Bureau of Policy, Planning and Learning and its role and function within the Agency;
- Technical expertise in performance management metrics, including innovations in data collection and analysis desired;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience on USAID contracts.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.