Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Responsible for building and supporting the execution of the organization’s small business partnership strategy. Develops, maintains, and expands key external relationships with small businesses that align with the organization’s mission and corporate priorities. identifies opportunities for small business partnerships within FHI 360’s work. Collaborates in the development and execution of business development strategies and writes compelling language for proposals utilizing small businesses.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Identify and develop strategies to reach new small business prospects.
- Increase FHI 360’s competitiveness on USG-funded work by establishing and expanding the current base of small business partners who can serve as either subs or primes.
- Create awareness of small business initiative and the organization’s mission and brand through public speaking engagements, presentation and memberships and leadership in business, civic, professional, and networking organizations.
In cooperation with proposal teams, writes persuasive language on FHI 360’s small business utilization approach.
Works with proposal teams to match them with small businesses that can help them achieve their impact goals.
- Achieve annual goals under supervision of the upper management.
- Assist in all initiatives, projects, and events as needed and serves on various committees as requested.
- Create a marketing plan for all small business partners, events and projects and work in conjunction with the marketing department to provide materials, event logistics and media relations.
- Develop and maintain databases and financial tracking systems for small business partners
- Maintain and expand the working relationships with small businesses and the economic development support agencies.
- Provide a network of linkages and assistance with other internal departments including business development, procurement, strategy, communications, technical business units, and regional offices.
- Conduct outreach to small businesses within regions where FHI 360 works.
- Develop, plan, and manage programming including networking events, small business lunches, and workshops/professional development.
- Maintain client management database
- Communicate and report to management, stakeholders, and partners
- Compose, produce, and deliver proposals to various audience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with establishing new strategic relationships.
- Ability to represent the organization at a variety of meetings and forums involving donors, partners, board members, the public.
- Strong knowledge of organization’s technical capacity and programs to share information and create new partnerships/relationships in one or more key areas: health, education, governance, civil society, social change, gender, economic growth, research and the environment.
- Demonstrates and applies sound judgment with managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and manage trusted relationships with internal and external senior business leaders.
- Ability to influence, motivate and works well with others.
- Ability to understand and negotiate procurement agreements.
- Ability to draft basic contracting terms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Works on problems that are varied and complex that require novel and creative approaches to solve.
- Addresses, oversees and resolves issues from external constituents and revives old or fading partnerships.
- Contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of the entire organization.
- Decisions and actions may affect a departments’ results.
- Contributes to business and operational decisions that affect the department and/or area.
- Reports to Associate Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration, International Development, Public Policy or Related Field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typically requires a minimum 5 - 8 years of professional work experience with small businesses, relationship management, or business development
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships with small businesses
- Knowledge of US government funding mechanisms & requirements
- Knowledge of global health preferred.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Technology to be Used:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 - 50 lbs.
- Apple Macintosh, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.