Background: USAID and Mastercard launched of the Smart Communities Coalition (SCC) in January 2018. The Smart Communities Coalition (SCC) is a public-private effort seeking to transform the operating model in humanitarian contexts. Co-chaired by Mastercard and USAID, the SCC organizes and mobilizes stakeholders according to their core strengths to address three fundamental pillars – energy access, connectivity, and digital tools. SCC enables innovative, sustainable approaches to the delivery of basic services, creating hope and economic opportunity for the forcibly displaced and the communities that host them. Power Africa, a U.S. Government-led initiative coordinated by USAID, is spearheading efforts to provide energy access under SCC.
Facilitator: The consultant will facilitate the SCC Annual Meeting, which will bring together SCC members (including some Power Africa partners) in late February or early March in Kampala for this annual gathering.
- Collaborate with USAID, Mastercard, other stakeholders to finalize agenda and participant pack for the annual meeting
- Facilitate the two-day SCC Annual Meeting in Kampala, Uganda
- Develop final summary of the Annual Meeting and outcomes of the meeting
- Bachelor’s Degree in training and development, communications, social science, or related field with 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience facilitating small and large group trainings, meetings and workshops
- Excellent communication skills and ability (verbal and written)
- Prior experience in public speaking and good presentation skills
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to apply via this link. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.