Position: Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist
Position Type: Consultant (short term)
Position Location: Tajikistan
ME&A is recruiting an Evaluation Team Lead for the USAID Economic and Social Connections: A Multi-Input Area Development (MIAD) Financing Facility for Tajikistan (ESCoMIAD). The evaluation must provide pertinent information, statistics, and judgments that assist USAID and the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) in learning what has been accomplished against the intended results of the Global Development Alliance (GDA). This GDA was designed to support USAID’s and AKF’s mutual goals to strengthen regional stability by increasing the movement of people, goods, and economic and social services across the Tajik-Afghan border and laying the economic foundation for future movement. In summary, the evaluation will help USAID better understand its investment in rural development through community mobilization and development of private enterprises in Tajikistan and help focus and strengthen cooperation with AKF.
Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist will serve as chief technical advisor and will be responsible for management of the entire evaluation and technical management of the evaluation team. The Team Leader will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience in designing/conducting evaluation in related areas. Such experience in Central Asia is preferred but not required.
- Proven skills and experience to develop methodological tools and instruments for evaluation such as interview protocols or questionnaires, data processing sheets, etc., as well as to analyze the data collected and present it in clear and cohesive manner.
- A graduate degree in a related field of study.
- Proven leadership in the management of similar-sized international donor-funded activities with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting.
- Fluent in English required; proficient in Russian and Tajik desirable.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.