The Manoff Group, Inc. (TMG) is seeking a candidate for full-time employment as Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist at the headquarters office in Washington, DC. This position plays a critical role in supporting the long-term success of several SBC projects in the TMG portfolio. This position requires keen interest in SBC work and provides an opportunity to work on a wide range of activities and with an experienced SBC team.
Duties and Responsibilites
The SBC Specialist will be dedicated to supporting two to three of TMG’s SBC projects, including ACCELERATE, a USAID-funded project that strengthens the ability of USAID and its stakeholders in 25 priority countries to design and manage programs to improve the practice of life-saving behaviors. ACCELERATE works with USAID and its stakeholders to apply the project’s Behavioral Integration Guidance, known as Think| BIG, to integrate prioritized Accelerator Behaviors into their portfolios to improve the design of Mission strategies, support adaptive management for results, and focus monitoring and learning. This position will report to the Director of ACCELERATE, the Senior Advisor, Institutional Change at TMG.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Engage in each project’s Social and Behavior Change (SBC) technical activities, as requested. This may include leading activities such a literature reviews, and developing formative research protocols, and assisting in qualitative and quantitative research analysis, developing Behavior Profiles to assist in strategy formulation, identifying behavioral outcome indicators, and supporting project monitoring and reporting;
- Travel to projects as needed to support program implementation (potential for 20% travel)
- Assist in developing and fine-tuning TMG’s Behavior Centered Programming (Think | BIG) tools, resources and materials for capacity development;
- Produce, assemble, comment on, and/or edit content for project materials, website pages, and key documents;
- Participate in TMG’s outreach activities, supporting presentations and orientations on TMG’s approach (Behavior-centered Programming & Behavior Integration Guidance (Think | BIG)) and projects;
- Conduct research on technical issues and support business development efforts as requested.
- Provide the day-to-day administrative & operational support to assigned projects;
- Maintain an overall calendar of events for each project; track deadlines, organize, and coordinate work streams, ensuring efficient use of collaboration tools;
- Support the ACCELERATE website technical content on the backend, ensuring content is up to date and changes are made in a timely manner;
- Provide logistical support for travel and meetings;
- Facilitate project check-in calls and meetings, as needed;
- Contribute to the development of workplans, PMPs, and reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly, annual);
- Assign and supervise certain project tasks to the Project Assistant/Office Manager, in consultation with Finance and Operations, ensuring quality and timely deliverables;
- Anticipate project teams’ needs with a willingness to lend a hand wherever necessary;
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Background
- Demonstrated professional experience in a relevant area of social and behavior change such as nutrition, WASH, MCH, or environment
- Experience living or working overseas, preferably Asia or Africa
- Work in food security and nutrition programs a plus
- Demonstrated leadership ability managing an activity or discreet part of an activity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to independently develop tasks
- Ability to follow-through on multiple tasks with quality
- Strong attention to detail based on verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well on a team; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, social media and Internet applications
- Master’s degree in public health, social science, communications, marketing, or related field required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in international development
- Demonstrated success working in a team and in coordination of a variety of professional partners
- Fluent English required; proficiency in a foreign language a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States of America
The Manoff Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. TMG complies with all applicable laws. TMG provides excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
For over 50 years, The Manoff Group, Inc. (TMG), a woman-owned small business, has been an international leader in designing and assisting the implementation of social and behavior change programs that effectively promote healthy behaviors and allow populations to enjoy an improved quality of life. TMG’s innovative Behavior-centered Programming approach offers a practical methodology for realizing measurable and sustained behavior change at the individual, community and organizational levels. Our methodology is based on human-centered design principles and employs techniques from disciplines such as anthropology, behavioral economics, psychology, marketing and communications to strategically build programs that enable people to practice life–enhancing behaviors. All project work is carried out in the spirit of collaborative learning and co-creation.