Position Social Enterprise Officer
Location: Washington, DC
About RI: Relief International (RI) is an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programs bridging relief and development. The Social Enterprise Department brings to scale income-generating innovations that create social and environmental impact.
Under the supervision of the VP, Social Enterprise, assist in the process of implementing and expanding RI’s social enterprise programs as well as departmental research and proposal development requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Identify and secure additional sources of capital beyond the traditional donor base (debt and equity) and develop and maintain a database of potential partners.
- Write concepts, business plans, and reports for social enterprise projects; as well develop proposals to traditional donor base where appropriate.
- Design budgets and perform budget analysis
- Coordinate implementation and program development with Finance, Grants, Program and Program Development Departments
- Conduct specialized research for business development and planning
- Analyze financial projections and past performance for revenue-generating programs
- Travel as necessary to assist in program implementation, design and build partnerships (10-20%)
- Maintain Program Management Tracker and Opportunity Tracker, representing department at meetings (internal/external) as needed.
- Oversee and/or closely coordinate with other team staff as applicable
- Other responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Business, Social Enterprise or Sales/Marketing knowledge/background
- Finance and Legal background/familiarity helpful
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Computer literacy (Excel, in particular) and thorough internet knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Second language preferred
Application Procedure: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, references and resume with the date of availability to email@example.com. The email subject line should include the following: Social Enterprise Officer.