Do you want to start with WHY?
WHY? Because we believe in a happy and healthy world for kids. And we believe we can make a difference in the lives of kids in America, who are challenged with poor nutrition and access to real foods.
WHAT are we doing? We are building a purpose-driven company to grow community around the mission of empowering kids to live healthy lives. FreshKids is an early stage independent food company re-imaging and re-creating snacks for kids. The Generation Fresh Foundation drives everything we do – to empower and engage kids to live healthy lives.
HOW are we doing it? Our business model brings together TRUE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (Generation Fresh) and REAL YUMMY PRODUCTS (FreshKids). Social enterprise + food company = improve kids health.
WHO is building? We are a team fresh thinkers, big dreamers, and real believers. And we happen to also be business, marketing, branding, manufacturing, distribution professionals committed to a solid business plan to get to B.I.G.
So how about YOU? Are you a Fresh Kid? Are you ready to build a snack revolution with your curiosity, creativity, cleverness, originality, and compassion? We know you are destined to change the world – or you wouldn’t be visiting this site.
Join us to gain first-hand experience – while having lots of fun – building a socially-inspired food company.
Marketing & Communication Intern - New York, NY
FreshKids is looking for an entrepreneurial Communications & Marketing Intern to collaborate alongside our Creative Team (which includes our Creative Director, Digital Director, and Designers) and Leadership Team (which includes our Founder, Advisors and Partners) to support and exponentially grow FreshKids brand presence, social media following, and amount of high-quality, engaging content.
• Excellent writing skills and a love of writing
• A passion (and even obsession) for social media and building community
• Strong collaboration and sharing skills
• A great eye for details, and a tendency toward perfection
• Strong interest in kids and health issues
• A positive attitude and strong desire to learn
• Ambition and fearlessness to take initiative to do bold work in order to grow and engage with our community
• A brand and message you can use to communicate effectively to different audiences
• A collection of healthful and yummy products you can use to practice social media tactics and drive success
• A caring team committed to encouraging and training your project management skills
• A start-up environment that assumes multitasking and adaptability to build B.I.G.
• A focused business plan that kicks(!!) and pushes our team to shared-success.
This is a voluntary position, with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, with opportunity to grow with the company.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your resume and describe what makes you a Fresh Kid, and why you wish to join us to help build our movement and company.
Location: New York, NY
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.