The Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) has contracted through ZemiTek to recruit and hire an energetic Social Media Coordinator to join its communications team. The communications team is part of the LAC Bureau’s Strategy and Program Office (LAC/SPO). LAC/SPO provides leadership for Bureau strategy and policy development and budget formulation. LAC/SPO identifies and addresses crosscutting development issues, manages the allocation and tracking of budget resources, assesses the impact of assistance, coordinates assistance with other donors, provides guidance on overall program and budgeting strategy and policies, and coordinates public outreach on USAID LAC programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with USAID communications teams to develop and implement a social media strategy that incorporates best practices that will enable the Bureau to grow followers and audiences, increase engagement, and drive awareness.
- Monitor trends in social media tactics, tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy, and incorporate into ongoing social media efforts.
- Develop and maintain a monthly social media calendar focusing on LAC priorities. Create, curate, and manage content to be used across multiple platforms, evaluating historic and current digital efforts to inform future engagement.
- Collaborate with LAC communications team on design of cover photos, profile pics, thumbnails, and select images for posts that meet brand guidelines and encourage engagement.
- Produce regular analytics reports on social media efforts.
- Manage USAID/LAC’s web presence.
- Draft and edit briefing materials and talking points, respond to communications-related inquires as needed.
- Aid with administrative tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in social media, public relations, marketing,communications, or related area of expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of social media channels, campaigns, advertising, analytics, and brand. Demonstrated experience in social and digital media, including the ability to measure social media performance.
- Knowledge of technology involved to create podcasts and videos as well as software to edit multimedia files.
- Proficiency in content management and the use of content management systems required.
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop and/or Illustrator required.
- Superior judgement and ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes with limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish-language skills highly desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain an active Secret Clearance or have had a Secret Clearance in the last 2 years.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ZemiTek offers highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.