City Cancer Challenge is looking for a purpose driven and passionate social media specialist to assist in the development and implementation of our growing digital strategy, content, social and planning function.
Working as part of a growing communications team, the candidate will manage our social media communications.
C/Can places high value on relevant personal qualities: collaboration, transparency, inclusivity, agility and entrepreneurship.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing content strategy for social media that includes, but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and blogs.
- Develop and implement a social media content calendar, ensuring messaging is aligned with C/Can’s communication goals and business objectives.
- Create, coordinate, and edit engaging content across all social media platforms. Develop assets with compelling and localised messaging that differentiates and resonates.
- Manage and optimise C/Can’s pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the Foundation.
- Collaborate with other teams to manage C/Can’s reputation, coordinate project’s visibility, and increase reach.
- Ensure campaigns align with C/Can’s overall communication strategy and business objectives.
- Develop and deliver our social media visual strategy working in partnership with creative agency
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns. Also, track website performance using Google Analytics and other tools.
- Update, monitor and optimise engagements (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and ad performance on all platforms.
Required experience and competencies
Required work experience
- 3 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media best practices.
- Have an interest in and ability to write social copy according to best practices and in a voice that will resonate with the target audience and the tone of C/Can.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics (Google Analytics).
- Digital mindset with experience in: analytics, digital, design, content creation, and running successful digital campaigns.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications or related field.
- Native English speaker; other languages will be an advantage, especially Spanish and Portuguese.
The ideal candidate enjoys developing and executing marketing plans, has an attention to detail, can build relationships across a global organisation and independently holds him/herself to high standards.
This position requires a candidate with a blend of strategy, technical, creative, analytic, project management expertise and with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent writing, communication and creative thinking skills - Storytelling Skills
- Demonstrable experience with SEO/SEM
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics are essential
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, G-Suite and Wordpress
- Familiar with tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Video production is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Proactive nature with aptitude for problem solving
How to apply
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. Please ensure that they are sent as PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “C/Can Social Media Specialist” in the email subject line. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is identified.
About the Organization
City Cancer Challenge Foundation (C/Can) supports cities around the world as they work to improve access to equitable, quality cancer care.
C/Can leads a city-based partnership initiative that aims to improve access to quality cancer care in cities around the world by transforming the way stakeholders from the public and private sectors collectively design, plan, and implement cancer solutions.
The approach is built on the core principle that cities can drive impact at national level by crafting data-driven solutions with the support of a network of global, regional, and local partners that reflect an understanding of the unique local context.
C/Can was launched by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) at the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. It was established as a standalone Swiss foundation in January 2019.