Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Solid Waste & Recycling Coordinator candidates for the CCBO program. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
Position Description/Summary: On August 28, 2019, Tetra Tech was awarded the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) program, a five-year, $48 million contract from the USAID Bureau of Economic Growth, Education, and Environment’s Office of Land and Urban. CCBO is the Agency’s flagship program to respond to the global crisis of marine plastic pollution, designed to target marine plastics pollution directly at its source in cities and towns, specifically in rapidly urbanizing areas throughout many low- and middle-income countries. Under direction from USAID’s Office of Land and Urban, and in collaboration with global, regional, and local stakeholders, CCBO will test, scale, and share inclusive and sustainable reduce, reuse, recycle (3R) and solid waste management (SWM) solutions in focal countries and selected municipalities within.
The Solid Waste and Recycling Coordinator oversees CCBO technical activity related to solid waste and recycling planning, support to specific grantees, coordination of CCBO activities with focal municipalities, local governing units (LGU’s), USAID clients, program partners and other external audiences; manages and develops technical projects and programs in CCBO focal countries, and; communicates effectively with the CCBO Regional Director for Asia on strategic initiatives that promote the vision and mission of CCBO.
* Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the solid waste and recycling industry.
* Experience designing, constructing and/or managing solid waste infrastructure projects.
* Experience developing and implementing solid waste and 3R strategies with international development programs, non-governmental organizations, or the private sector
* Experience implementing project and action plans related to solid waste and 3R’s.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent understanding of safety and environmental health issues and standards as applied to the solid waste and recycling industry in developing economies.
* Ability to understand and interpret waste related legislation and governance.
* Experience working with local private sector partners preferred.
* Advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English and conversational Tagalog preferred as well.
* A four-year University degree is required.
* Please note: Only Filipino citizens are eligible for this positions.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.