Under the supervision of the Solutions Design Lead, the Solution Designer, Procurement will orchestrate the work in the Procurement stream to ensure the timely delivery of optimal and appropriate solutions in the area of Procurement to address business needs and requirements. The Solution Designer, Procurement will ensure that the business needs identified are optimally addressed with a view towards best practices within Procurement systems and increased efficiency, effectiveness, and / or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
1. Delivers functional and technical expertise in the area of Procurement
- Provides a deep level of functional knowledge and support to the Solutions Design team and ICT Business Analysts including provision of advice to improve business processes and ensure optimal operation of the solution for Procurement
- Makes recommendations on best use of Unit4 Business World (UBW) Procurement functionality to accomplish strategic business objectives
- Investigates reported application problems and works with technical specialists to test, diagnose and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommend workarounds where appropriate
- Ensures system documentation relating to Procurement processes are maintained, kept up to date and meet UNOPS standards
- Provides technical advice in the development and review of design activities for system improvements, changes, enhancements and upgrades as they relate to Procurement
2. Delivers solutions design and key / core application development in the area of Procurement
- Facilitates and participates in systems design workshops with ICT Business Analysts and personnel from relevant business functions
- Ensures that business requirements are effectively met and a fit for purpose solution is established
- Ensures that enhancements to the application are undertaken in a carefully planned manner
- Defines and manages system enhancements to the Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP to streamline operations and usability, including execution, coordination of testing, and sign-off
- Implements new modules related to Procurement
- Designs and develops new reports or changes / enhancements to reports within the system in the area of Procurement
- Implements unit testing and integration testing for any functionality developed
- Provides key inputs and assistance for user acceptance testing
- Assists in the development of training materials and other guidance
- Documents all work activities adequately and in line with ICT standards, including design specifications, detailed technical specifications, etc.
3. Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Solutions Design function as well as across the organisation
- Contributes to the development of internal capacity across the organization in the area of ICT
- Constantly monitors and evaluates UNOPS policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy
- Recommends new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services
- Leads/organises training and awareness / showcasing events and design / sets training agendas to build capacity of stakeholders across the business
About the Organization
UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit´s purpose is to embed innovation and harness cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world which are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.