Solution Implementation Specialist, Arlington, VA
The Middle East and North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services Activity (MENA MELS) provides high-quality technical support to USAID’s Middle East Bureau (MEB) and its operating units and implementing partners (IPs) in 10 countries—Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen. Through this activity MSI delivers of a wide range of MEL services, including monitoring support; evaluations, assessments, and research; data analysis and synthesis; learning and utilization; and MEL capacity building. The services complement the work of Mission MEL platforms and support MEB regional initiatives.
Additional information about the MENA MELS Activity is available here.
USAID’s Middle East Bureau requests the assistance of MENA MELS to help implement three agency-wide technology platforms in the MENA region:
- the portfolio management system of the Development Implementation Solution (DIS) platform; and
- the Unified Travel and Mission System (UTRAMS) and Technical Services (TS) Portal that track staffing and travel information, technical service requests from missions, and mission satisfaction surveys.
MENA MELS is seeking a highly skilled Solution Implementation (SI) Specialist to support rollout activities across all three platforms. The SI Specialist will join the Client Solutions team which is focused on developing and deploying technology solutions for MSI’s field projects like custom web apps, reporting tools, and mobile applications. The SI Specialist will serve as the Bureau’s System Champion, coordinating with MENA Country Support Networks and Systems Working Groups to ensure successful implementation of each platform. The SI Specialist will also support user training and troubleshooting, update and maintain supporting datasets, and provide technical support directly to users. The SI Specialist is required to have an Active Security Clearance.
The period of performance is expected to last through December 31, 2021 with an opportunity to extend into 2022.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position**
- Serve as the Middle East Bureau’s System Champion and point of contract for UTRAMS, TS Portal and DIS
- Field user questions and help maintain each platform
- Update and maintain Middle East Bureau specific technical documentation and FAQs related to Bureau Standard Operating Procedures and other questions that are asked across the Bureau and Missions during rollout
- Attend Country Support Network, Governance, Systems Working Group, and DIS Working Group meetings to coordinate rollout and support for each platform
- Serve as a backup to SMEs on the Country Support Network, Governance, System Working Group, and DIS Working Groups
- Create tailored functional trainings for Bureau and Mission staff
- Schedule relevant trainings for the Middle East Bureau on an as needed basis
- Load and/or maintain the datasets required for platform functionality and maintenance
- Upload and maintain performance data in the DIS system by working with Missions
- Work with AMS to maintain staffing data in the UTRAMS system
- Upload and update technical support content in the TS Portal in coordination with Middle East Bureau staff, AAFS and CIO
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, knowledge management, or related field required
- Minimum of seven years of professional work experience with three to five years of experience related to software rollout and implementation required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trusting, results-oriented relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience with USAID at the Agency or Mission level strongly preferred
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance required, active secret security clearance preferred
- Willingness to travel, if required, to provide hands-on user support across the MENA region
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, active team player, and adaptable as well as engaged individual
- English fluency required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Reasonable Accommodations : MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com
with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.