Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Special Assistant to provide direct support to the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), Assistant Administrator (AA). The Special Assistant manages the overall work-flow and coordination of the AA’s office and designated senior staff and is expected to exercise wide latitude of discretion regarding work-flow, priorities, and methods in addition to an in-depth knowledge of the Executive’s style, methods of operation, relationships, and authorities. The position requires the use of considerable judgement and independent action and requires a high level of discretion. The start date for this position is immediate.
The Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) is responsible for managing and coordinating the Agency’s external affairs. LPA serves as USAID’s central point of contact with Congress, the media, interested stakeholders from the international development community, and the American people regarding the Agency’s international development programs and policies. In exercising this leadership role, LPA works closely with the Agency’s Bureaus and Independent Offices, as well as its Federal Advisory Committees.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the AA’s Front Office operations, oversees and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with internal and external customers, and facilitates initiatives on behalf of the AA
- Drafts and prepares correspondence on behalf of the AA
- Performs a variety of administrative duties and activities to organize and support the efficient operation of the office
- Prepares and coordinates travel and logistical arrangement for the AA and possibly other senior staff as requested
- Organizes and coordinates meeting locations, dates, participants, and agendas
- Screens telephone calls and personal visitors, who frequently represent the highest levels of international, national, state and local government or major businesses
- Schedules and manages the AA’s calendar and exercises discretion in determining priorities and access to the AA
- Conducts research on a variety of topics to prepare background documents, talking points, and other briefing material as needed
- Active secret-level security clearance
- Master’s degree in a relevant field plus four (4) years of professional experience, OR Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, management and execution skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize across demands
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Experience in administrative and/or executive assistant roles preferred
- Prior experience with USAID or other U.S Government Agencies preferred
- Knowledge of USAID and/or U.S. Government administrative and clearance procedures preferred
- Prior experience supporting high-level officials preferred
- Experience in project management or managing processes preferred
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.