Dexis is seeking a Special Assistant to provide direct support to the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), Assistant Administrator (AA). The Special Assistant manages the overall work-flow and coordination of the AA’s office and designated senior staff and is expected to exercise wide latitude of discretion regarding work-flow, priorities, and methods in addition to an in-depth knowledge of the Executive’s style, methods of operation, relationships, and authorities. The position requires the use of considerable judgement and independent action and may include the delegation of work to others. Work requires high level of discretion. The start date for this position is immediate.
- Serves as a Senior Adviser to the AA to perform work of broad scope and complexity under the direction of the AA
- Excellent skills in planning and organizing to systematically coordinate, track, and complete work flow to maintain an efficient office environment
- Serves as the focal point for the AA’s Front Office operations and oversees and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with internal and external customers and facilitates initiatives on behalf of the AA
- Schedules and manages the AA’s calendar and control’s access to the AA, determining the importance of the issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting parties
- Researches and prepares background information and/or talking points papers, as needed on the meeting and/or topics of interest for the meeting
- Exercise a wide degree of creativity and latitude in developing and coordinating projects on behalf of the AA
- Participate in high level meetings and travel as needed and other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or a related field
- Four (4) years of professional experience
- Prior experience with USAID or other U.S Government Agencies preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning, management and execution skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Active secret security clearance required
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.