Dexis is seeking a Special Assistant to provide direct support to the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), Assistant Administrator (AA). The Special Assistant manages the overall work-flow and coordination of the AA’s office and designated senior staff and is expected to exercise wide latitude of discretion regarding work-flow, priorities, and methods in addition to an in-depth knowledge of the Executive’s style, methods of operation, relationships, and authorities. The position requires the use of considerable judgement and independent action and may include the delegation of work to others. Work requires high level of discretion. The start date for this position is immediate.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties and activities to support the efficient operation of the office
- Prepare travel related documentation and make travel arrangements for the supervisor and staff as requested
- Organize and coordinate meeting locations, dates, participants, and agendas
- Screen telephone calls and personal visitors, who frequently represent the highest levels of international, national, state and local government or major businesses
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Assistant Administrator’s (AA) Front Office operations and oversees and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with internal and external customers and facilitates initiatives on behalf of the AA
- Schedule and manages the AA’s calendar and control’s access to the AA, determining the importance of the issues for each meeting and following protocol and procedures for contacting parties
- Research and prepare background information and/or talking points as needed on the meeting and/or topics of interest for the meeting
- Systematically coordinate, track, and complete work flow to maintain an efficient office environment
- Master’s degree in International Relations or a related field and at least four (4) years of professional experience, OR a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least six (6) years of professional experience.
- Experience in administrative and/or executive assistant roles preferred
- Prior experience with USAID or other U.S Government Agencies preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, management and execution skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize across demands
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Must be able to obtain and retain a secret security clearance; active secret security clearance preferred
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.