The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) has contracted through ZemiTek to recruit and hire qualified Special/Executive Assistant candidates who can perform the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides program and management administrative support to Bureau Leadership Team, with special emphasis on support to the Assistant Administrator (AA/LAC) in the Office of the Assistant Administrator.
- Prepares the AA/LAC for key meetings, events, conferences, travel, etc. by coordinating with office directors and other appropriate parties on briefers and pre-briefs.
- Ensures that AA/LAC’s and nightly folders contain all relevant information for the following day’s events and activities, as well as materials required for review.
- Reviews all documents and correspondence for appropriate content and messaging prior to obtaining the AA/LAC’s signature.
- Drafts emails for AA in response to correspondence and prepares notes summarizing meetings as required.
- Represents the Front Office in the Administrator’s scheduling meetings.
- Provides read-outs to AA/LAC, Front Office Team and Bureau staff.
- Serves as the lead POC on scheduling and coordinating with the Administrator’s Office.
- Participates in working group meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with all FO staff (including rotating position) to ensure they are aware of major meetings, scheduling changes, and deadlines.
- Serves as note taker for LAC Senior Team meetings; assists in tracking progress of LAC Sr. Team action.
- Serves as the primary liaison with State Department counter-parts as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of related experience or High School Diploma and 8 years of related experience required. Candidates with USAID experience or other U.S. government experience preferred.
Candidates must possess and active Secret Clearance or have had an active Secret Clearance in the last 2 years.
Candidates must have a strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including the ability to use formula’s and create charts as well as abilities in other features of Microsoft Excel (same for PowerPoint and Word). Proficiency in use of Internet, G Suite and e-mail applications required. Experience in the use of data base applications is recommended.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ZemiTek offers highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.