- Lead proposal development and technical writing for award opportunities from organizations, foundations and corporations, as assigned.
- Research, analyze, develop, and track relationships with new and current prospects for proposals and produce reports, capability statements, agreements, etc. for their development and management.
- Collaborate and participate in the entire grant proposal process, including conceptualization, performing research, producing compelling content, making revisions, submission and follow-ups.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, testing new approaches and adopting best practice strategies.
- Lead proposal-related meetings, both in the US and at the country level as necessary.
- Manage the coordination of the grant implementation process in collaboration with other CMMB teams, including the development of work plans, technical and management approaches, correspondence, budgets, contracts, agreements, reports, and close-outs, both in the US and at the country level as necessary.
- Track, monitor and ensure successful grant and contract management and fulfillment, in accordance with donor requirements.
- Assist compliance and finance staff in the review, processing, and reconciling of invoices to budgets.
- Support the writing of programmatic reports and technical documents.
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience in the development of global health-related grant proposals from organizations, corporations and foundations.
- Progressively responsible experience in development, with a proven record of accomplishment in securing institution funding from a variety of sources. Proven success in securing large-scale, complex, multi-million-dollar bids is highly desirable.
- Experience with various private grant rules, regulations, and policies.
- Must be comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated writing, editing and communications skills appropriate for competitive proposal submissions.
- Ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and negotiate timelines.
- Demonstrated skill in using terminology and concepts related to global health issues.
- Knowledge of technical areas surrounding maternal and child health, nutrition, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS, strongly desired.
- Familiarity with a variety of private funding sources and associated grant proposal processes strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in teams under tight deadlines.
- Ability to create engaging and compelling text while maintaining technical accuracy and adhering to strict page limitations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative information.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, and significant experience in using various software, database tools and platforms.
- Committed to CMMB mission, values and strategy.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in a public health-related field (particularly a MPH)
About the Organization
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to provide medical and business expertise for community development, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and in other areas of need.