The Instructional Design and Training Resource Specialist is responsible for developing a comprehensive training program to equip chapter leaders and chapter members to successfully fulfill CRS’ movement building and issues-based campaigning strategy across all key audience segments.
The Specialist will design bi-lingual and bi-cultural (English and Spanish) curricula and training modules in close collaboration with the leadership development and chapter management teams. The Specialist will work closely with the campaign content and action team managers to ensure training resources are fully aligned with issues-based and emergency campaigns.
This jobwill be responsible for exploring and developing digital and offline resources in support of chapters and field offices across a wide range of geographical location. The Specialist will operate with a continuous improvement mindset to update and refine resources to best suit the dynamic needs of our movement building activities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
* Develop bi-lingual and bi-cultural (Spanish and English) leadership development curricula and resources in close coordination with bilingual writing team
* Design overall structure and delivery of training materials (sequencing, coordinated on-line and offline content, etc.)
* Curate training and resource materials as part of any online/digital platform to ensure accurate, timely and effective dissemination to the training team
* Collaborate closely with content and action teams to ensure chapter and leadership development materials are fully aligned with issues-based campaigns and actions
* Collaborate closely with leadership development and chapter management teams and program quality, research, and Strategy & Operations teams to test, update, improve, and create new resources on an ongoing basis
* In collaboration with staff training team, train field staff in use of training materials
* Bachelors’ degree in theology, education, instructional design or related field. Master’s degree preferred
* Minimum of three (3) years work experience producing training material for individuals and groups
* Minimum of three (3) years work experience with complex national volunteer programs
* Excellent English verbal and written communications skills. Spanish language preferred.
* Ability to travel in US and overseas as necessary
* Demonstrated understanding and support of bi-lingual and bi-cultural (English and Spanish) resource development
* In-depth knowledge of Catholic social teaching and its practical application, contemporary Catholic Church issues and trends; knowledge of the structure of the Catholic Church in the U.S. and demonstrated ability to work within its culture
* Demonstrated ability to work with clergy, religious and lay leadership within the Catholic Church, as well as leadership in other Catholic institutions, organizations and agencies
* Broad knowledge of international issues, particularly related to the developing world
* Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.