Chemonics seeks a Specialist, Writer Editor to join its Operations, Finance, and Compliance (OFC) division in support of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. The Specialist, Writer Editor writes, rewrites, and edits technical materials throughout the proposal development lifecycle and for technical practice and corporate communication material. They work with others in the department and across the company to ensure that materials are consistent with Chemonics’ corporate brand, are of high quality, and meet the needs of our client.The Specialist, Writer Editor will help establish, maintain, and promote high standards for writing, editing, style, format, design, and production for all written materials at Chemonics. They will also train regional staff in writing and contribute to the development of related training materials and tools. Manages own workload and keeps supervisor informed of work progress, workload issues, availability for assignments, and growth opportunities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Provide high-quality writing and editing services for all aspects of new business work.
- Reviews preliminary outlines and drafts; make suggestions to improve responsiveness to RFPs and contributes broadly as a member of the proposal team.
- Use knowledge of international development issues and trends to provide input into RFP analysis, proposal outlining, results framework development, and the use of pillars and key themes.
- Work collaboratively with project and technical practice teams to meet needs for project communication consistent with corporate and client standards. Help project identify appropriate resources to carry out project communication tasks.
- Provide high quality writing and editing services for technical materials throughout project life cycle, including proposals, final reports, and technical practice and outreach materials.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Help enforce and promote understanding of corporate practices for billing project communication services.
- Participates in the development of the department’s strategic plans, training materials, job aids, and tools, facilitates meetings and represents the department to internal and external clients.
- Effectively trains and mentors ESP editors and other corporate staff on Chemonics’ tools and systems.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures that staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow professionally.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, independent thinking, judgment, integrity, and respect for others.
Apply through our Career Center at by May 14, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.