*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As Sr. Advisor, External Engagement - Child Protection, you will represent and provide strategic global leadership to build World Vision (WV)’s influence, advocacy, partnerships and reputation externally for increased impact. You will ensure WV is represented by subject matter experts in key forums and participates in selected networks, associations, and boards as appropriate. Actively position WV as an NGO of choice with global 2030 Agenda platform, potential and key partners, businesses, donors and other stakeholders. You will oversee and coordinate closely with Support Offices’ sector team engagement and partners and other Global Centre teams and work with and support World Vision’s global ministries and Global Capitals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or International Development.
- 10 years’ work experience with an International Development Organisation, Corporation or Government in the field of external relations, communications and or policy influencing.
- Proven skills and experience in external engagement that contributes to change in policy and practice and builds industry reputation.
- Experience of working in partnership with International Development Organisations through networks, coalitions and partnerships on policy themes related to the sector.
- Experience in working with faith actors and on faith-related issues.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 MARCH 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.