Sr. Communications Specialist needed to provide vision and leadership for the Performance Monitoring and Accountability 2.0 communication strategy and to work in close coordination with PMA 2.0 staff to ensure that communications encourage and promote increased use of data and market PMA to potential donors. This includes developing a global communications plan, working with in-country implementing partners to ensure that they develop their own national level plans, working closely with the PMA Data Visualization Officer to develop global level materials for PMA and developing communication templates for multiple products (presentations, briefs, website content, etc.) for multiple audiences and train implementing partners how to use them. The Sr. Communications Specialist will also work closely with Jhpiego’s Global External Communications Officer to develop exciting communications products, and mechanisms for wide dissemination globally and in-country (webinars, websites, social media, etc.)
- Develop and implement annual communications strategy (with an integrated data translation plan) to increase visibility of PMA, the use of its data and engagement in important initiatives
- Oversee content of all printed and electronic communications shared with external and internal audiences, managing publications, data materials, newsletters, brochure texts, social media, articles, special communications, including development and strategic oversight of website and online data visualization tools
- Post relevant information to website
- Work in close coordination with data visualization officer to produce templates for in-country staff to easily populate and use
- Build capacity of country communications staff in producing data materials, developing communications strategies, supporting data translation plans and other skills
- Provide input into selection and oversight of communications vendors (e.g., printing. marketing) as needed
- Liaise with Jhpiego Global External Communication Office (GECO) for additional support (editing, graphics, website development, etc.)
- Gather and research web analytics to develop and analyze reports regarding effectiveness of web sites and web-based/electronic-based communications; identify needs and implement changes to increase effectiveness to meet and exceed goals
- Manage and facilitate external stakeholder engagement, as needed from a data use and communications function in close coordination with Data visualization officer and technical team
- Provide input into marketing plan and implementation
- Develop marketing specific materials to pitch PMA to potential donors
- Keep abreast of best practices in data use
- BA in related field with 5+ years Communications experience
- Experience establishing communication plans, messages and approaches
- Exceptional ability to communicate through written materials
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical concepts and data into broadly accessible stories
- Additional evidence of proven leadership skills
- Ability to build relationships across organization
- Proficient French language skills preferred
- Work well with diverse constituencies
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, in a deadline-oriented setting
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to set priorities for themselves and others effectively, as well as work on multiple projects simultaneously
- First-hand experience with web content management systems – preferably Wordpress
- Familiar with social media platforms and social media reporting
- Knowledge of interactive web features including survey, video, audio, and animation components
- Experience with web- and paper-oriented design tools such as Adobe products and Office 365 and understanding of cloud-based applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high degree of professionalism and the ability to exercise good judgment, diplomacy, and discretion with diverse populations and situations
About the Organization
Jhpiego is an international, nonprofit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For more than 42 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to ensure high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at: www.jobs-jhpeigo.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer