USAID-Bangladesh commissioned ME&A to conduct the Final Performance Evaluation for the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia-Mechanization and Irrigation (CSISA-MI) Phase I Activity under the Mission’s Feed the Future (FTT) portfolio with the Economic Growth office. CSISA MI Phase I was implemented by CIMMYT in collaboration with International Development Enterprises (iDE) and focused on scale-appropriate mechanization to improve timely and precision planting and harvesting, while responding to escalating rural labor costs and scarcity, and surface water irrigation, to intensify dry season cropping. The evaluation will cover 21 districts in the Feed the Future zone of interest.
The Team Lead position is responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the final performance evaluation and delivering outputs delineated in the TOR.
Specifically, the TL will:
- Manage two teams members (Irrigation Specialist and Mechanization Specialist), and direct their contributions and outputs;
- Supervise the locally hired coordinators and enumerators;
- Ensure that the team members strictly adhere to the evaluation timeline;
- Throughout the process, demonstrate cultural sensitivity, particularly when interacting with range of stakeholders;
- Guarantee complete independence and integrity of the performance evaluation;
- Finalize the evaluation design, coordinate field activities, provide regular field progress reports (oral or written), arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input form team members, and coordinate the process of assembling the findings and recommendations into a high-quality document;
- Develop the draft evaluation report and include the sections on evaluation methodology, limitations, fieldwork operation, findings and recommendations;
- Prepare a Power Point presentation outlining key findings and recommendations;
- Present the findings to USAID and other stakeholders.
The Team Leader must have:
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as Economics, Agriculture, Business Administration, Management and Marketing, Ph.D. preferred;
- At least 15 years of experience in evaluating projects with focus on agribusiness and market development, public-private partnerships, agricultural mechanization, value added agriculture enterprises or agriculture credit sector for USAID or other international development agencies;
- Strong knowledge and experience of agriculture production, agricultural mechanization, post-harvest management and marketing processes;
- Knowledge of USAID Feed the Future program, USAID regulations and systems, performance monitoring and evaluation guidance, evaluation policy, gender policy, annual reporting etc.;
- Experience working with private sector firms and asset;
- Excellent knowledge of evaluation approaches, specifically expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection and analysis;
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data analysis tools and software;
- Significant experience in designing questionnaires, focus group discussion guides and interview protocols;
- Significant experience in administrating questionnaires and/or supervising data collection teams in the field, facilitating focus groups discussions and conducting interviews;
- Excellent organizational and team building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills;
- Demonstrable analytical skills for examining key issues and formulating concrete recommendations based on the evaluation results;
- Fluency in English (oral and written);
- Relevant experience in Bangladesh and/or South East Asia preferred.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A implements the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative for the USAID Mission in El Salvador. ME&A's team provides USAID/El Salvador and potentially other missions in the region continued performance monitoring, verification, GIS services and evaluation support to measure program impact, results and achievements.