IBTCI seeks a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to support the overall implementation of the Ebola Pillar II Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities. The Ebola Pillar II, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project is a three-year USAID-funded contract to address USAID-coordinated efforts in mitigating the second order impacts of the Ebola Virus outbreak in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. The project is led and managed by International Business and Technical Consultants Inc., (IBTCI), with several local and regional partners in Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia. Pillar II Ebola MEL Activity Components:
Under this contract, awarded as a task order, IBTCI will conduct Ebola Pillar II MEL activities of this pillar including:
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Macro-level Evaluations (two performance/process evaluations),
- Routine Monitoring, including capacity building,
- Data Quality Assurance (DQA) efforts, and
- Knowledge Management and Learning
The consultant will support efforts under routine monitoring and will work with the Program Monitoring Director on the following:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the Missions and implementing partners on strengthening monitoring and evaluation systems
- Review and provide recommendations on Mission and implementing partner monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Develop and revise performance indicator reference sheets
- Develop/ revise and review DQA, site visit and other templates used by USAID Missions
- Analyze progress to target data for Missions. This analysis will include reviewing of data submitted by implementing partners using excel
- As necessary, develop tools and checklists needed by the Mission and/or Implementing partners
- Provide other ongoing support to Missions and Implementing partners on monitoring and evaluation. A substantial proportion of this support will be provided from the IBTCI office in Vienna, Virginia
- At least 5 years’ experience working on monitoring USAID projects
- Experience providing monitoring technical assistance to USAID implementing partners or Missions
- Knowledge of USAID monitoring and evaluation guidelines and approaches, including USAID guidelines on developing monitoring and evaluation plans, indicators, targets and baselines
- Experience conducting or participating in USAID data quality assurance
- Experience developing and strengthening monitoring systems in a developing country context
- Ability to analyze progress to target data
- Experience in maternal health, malaria, water, sanitation, democracy/governance, education and/or other thematic areas addressed by the Missions and Implementing partners a plus.
- Good understanding of research methodologies, program evaluation and data collection approaches
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills in word processing
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Proficiency in French an asset
- At least a Master’s degree in international development or related field of study
- At least 10 years’ experience working on monitoring and evaluation USAID projects
This position will not include supervisory responsibilities.Travel:
Travel may be required to Guinea, Sierra Leone and/or Liberia for technical assistance. Trips may be 1-2 weeks in duration.Please apply by June 30th for priority consideration.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.