We are currently accepting applications for a variety of positions for the DFID-Skills for Employment Program (SEP) in Nepal. The 4-year program seeks to create domestic jobs for young people through supply and demand focused interventions on skills provision, and to support greater development benefits from migration. The two components of the program tendered are:
- i) Skills: systems strengthening, innovation and delivery
- ii) Migration for development.
The program will adopt a market-based approach and be driven by innovation, evidence and value for money. The first phase (2 years) will be piloting new ideas to determine the most cost effective interventions and the second phase (2 years) will scale those up.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. (Louis Berger) is accepting applications for a variety of positions, including but not limited to: Senior Management Positions (Team Leader; Deputy Team Leader; Component/Output Leaders) along with Technical Experts/Advisors in skills/workforce development, migration, and private sector development.
In particular, Louis Berger is looking for applicants with:
- At least 5 years’ work experience in similar work; a minimum of 10 years’ experience is required for leadership positions.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a Master’s Degree is preferred and may be required for leadership roles.
- Experience working on donor-funded programs in Southeast Asia—preferably in Nepal—particularly those focused on economic and financial sector development.
- Experience working on skills/workforce development programs, in particular programs that have successfully partnered with the private sector.
- Experience working with/coordinating with the GoN and its key ministries and institutions to be engaged in this program (CTEVT; MoE; MoI; Foreign Employment Board, etc.).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in English. Additional fluency in Nepali is preferred.
- For Sr. Management roles, proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of donor-supported programs of comparable size and complexity, with skills in high level strategic visioning and leadership.
- Nepalis are highly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
About Louis Berger
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within Louis Berger, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development