Requisition ID: req2053
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Facilities
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Senior Manager, Facilities reports to the Director of Global Facilities and works closely with colleagues in all HQ departments to support all office and facility needs of HQ based staff.
The position is responsible for managing a range of office services support, facilities management, vendor interactions for IRC’s NY HQ. This includes managing employee set-up and Flexworks seating processes, facilitating communication, coordinating with other departments on service improvements, and tracking departmental expenses and resource allocations.
* Collaborates with other stakeholders, including IT and HR, to improve existing support processes and infrastructure
* Develops and effective working relationship with and liases with building management
* Coordinates with stakeholders to project seating needs, including Flexworks Program on shared and hotdesk seating and manages space forecasting and restacking. Consults facilities and supply chain leadership on long-term space needs.
* Responsible for monthly seating census.
* Manages team of hourly facilities staff. Selects best qualified candidates as part of the hiring process and oversees their orientation .
* Troubleshoots, refers and/or takes action to resolve problems concerning building maintenance.
* Ensures correct preparation and processing of purchase requests and vendor invoices.
* Maintains employee time records documenting vacation, sick, and paid hours to support personnel payroll.
* Develops work schedules and monitors personnel to ensure that assigned personnel are performing their functions in a productive manner in compliance with policies and expectations.
* Acts as a liaison between outside vendors and staff regarding services, billing activities, employees and/or services and ensures proactive communication and follow-up.
* Establishes and maintains office supplies and facilitates the ordering of needed supplies to maintain inventory.
* Prepares and/or processes all requested reports as needed.
* Maintains documentation as required by regulatory agencies, policies and procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Key working relationships include: building management, HQ procurement team, IT, HR, Department POCs, and vendors.
* Bachelor’s degree. Degree in engineering preferred
* 7-10 years in facilities management
* Demonstrated experience in budget preparation and management
* Solid writing and editing skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents
* Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and efficiently organize the workflow of a fast-paced team;
* Proven attention to details: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment;
* Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently
* Ability to use sound judgment in decision making;
* Strong computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and Internet applications.
Standard office work environment. There is minimal travel expected with this position.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
About the Organization
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.