Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting a Sr M&E Specialist/Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, MELS will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders. The Mission focuses on sustainable natural resource management and increased public services in the Amazon basin.
The M&E Specialist will serve as the technical lead; designing, overseeing, and assuring the quality of all M&E activities. Specifically, s/he will:
- Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments
- Coordinate data collection and survey field activities
- Analyze and interpret survey and evaluation results
- Manage the design, development and completion of all deliverables
- Review evaluation designs, data collection instruments, data analysis plans, budgets, workplans, reporting methods and policies
- Develop performance indicators
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or above) in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field, with an emphasis on M&E
- At least five years of experience designing and conducting assessments, surveys, and performance and impact evaluations, including designing data collection instruments, developing data analysis plans, and collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- At least five years of demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects desired
- At least five years of demonstrated management experience, supervising technical staff and contractors desired
- Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating monitoring, evaluation and learning plans
- Familiarity with data management desired
- Excellent communication, supervision, and management skills
- Fluency in Spanish required, fluency in English desired
- Resident or citizen of Peru desired
- Expertise in Peru highly desired, and experience in Brazil and Paraguay are a plus
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.