QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services. The purpose of this program is to provide utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of this contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches.
The Senior M&E Specialist is a full time contract position based in either Baghdad, Iraq. It is expected to be a 3-year (with two potential additional years) project scheduled to begin mid-late 2020. Position is contingent upon award. This position will serve as the primary MEL Specialist and will oversee all MEL activities in Iraq.
- Leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes
- Advise the COP and DCOP on adherence to contract interventions and processes to fulfill required deliverables and tasks and to fill any temporary gaps in staffing
- Lead/oversee the review of the USAID PMP and provide technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools, and advising USAID/Iraq technical teams on their M&E work
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract
- Manage, train, and mentor field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and technology
- Ensure that short term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise
- Serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract
- Design, develop, and ensure quality of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract
- Minimum 8 years of international development and program experience, with substantive work in design, management, and implementation of evaluations and assessments, data analysis, and performance monitoring
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably International Development and/or Development Management, statistics, public policy, economics, with a desired emphasis in M&E
- Substantial technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably for USAID or another donor
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs in Iraq preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as Tableau, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Arabic language skills also required
- Iraqi citizens are highly encouraged to apply
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.