Devex is assisting a nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organization in their search for a Sr. Procurement & Contracts Manager.
Sr. Procurement & Contracts Manager manages the procurement processes for all ongoing programs and supervises Procurement Managers of each entity. Ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place and procurement is in compliance with the organization and Donor policies and procedure and to comply with one or all of the U.S Government Regulations.
Job Function/ Description/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring highest level of integrity of the procurement process and proper adherence to the organization and donor procurement policies and procedures
- Supervise Management of the procurement process; evaluate costs effectiveness and provide support in negotiating agreements, based on the organization’s guidelines and donor rules and regulations.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of supplies and equipment; conducts cost/quality comparisons.
- Prepare procurement guidelines as necessary, develop, evaluate, update procurement policies, systems and procedures in close coordination with HQ Contracts and Grants Department
- Coordinates payment of invoices with the finance teams;
- Prepares, reviews and submits weekly / monthly reports to the Director of Operations Jordan
- Provide training, supervision, evaluation; and mentoring for procurement staff on procurement procedures and guides staff during the process as required.
- Ensure that purchases are based on a sufficient number of quotations and competitive bidding.
- Ensure that proper segregation of purchasing responsibilities is in place in Amman office and all other offices.
- Provides support, advice, and assistance when needed in the procurement of new supplies, equipment for the projects, and provision information on best options in local and international markets.
- Review contracts and submission of DoAs request to HQ
- Ensure timely provision of goods and services for the country program.
- Reviews all the organization’s tendering and procurement processes in country office ensuring strict compliance with the organization and donor regulations
- Manage procurement databases and provide procurement reports and statistics
- Follow market trends and stay abreast of any relevant developments.
- Follow up on shipment and receiving goods.
- Provides support and advice on and assistance in procurement of new supplies, equipment for the projects, and provision information on best options in local and international markets.
- Check and follow up on all government requirements, taxation and documentation.
- Ensures that all procurement systems (PRF, Canvass Sheet, Inventory, and Contracts Manager Systems) are operational and running and are compliant with all applicable Donors and the organization’s policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Any other procurement/contracts related duties as requested
Required Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a technical competency area: Contracts, business administration, management, international relations, economics
- Five years USAID and or UN agencies procurement management experience
- Proven problem-solving ability, detailed orientation, and effective interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong written &oral communications both in Arabic and English
- Could work under pressure. Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Having the ability to handle and resolve all vendors/suppliers complains and comments.
- Strong numerical and analytic skills and can think in a very logical way
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to work productively with little supervision.
- Ability to conceptualize, outline, perform, and direct research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, management and organizational skills.