The Senior Program Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Program Officer, Finance Manager, and representatives from different Jhpiego departments (e.g., Contracts Management Compliance Division [CMCD], Travel, Procurement, Global External Communications Office [GECO]). They will provide overall administrative and logistics support for a global maternal newborn health (MNH) convening platform and an international and regional maternal and newborn health conference series, including a deeply integrated global knowledge-sharing component. The project will operate over a five-year period, with possibility to extend.
This position is contingent upon award from The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
- The Senior Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that administrative tasks are completed including: US-based procurement, processing contracts, setting up payments from US, setting up meetings, taking notes, reviewing/editing reports, logistics and events management support, document uploads, etc.
- Work with CMCD to develop and establish technical services contracts
- Process modifications and payments for contracts
- Ensure timely payment of all vendors
- Support activities in start-up workplan, which could include:
- Set up routine meetings to review status of startup plan
- Process consultant contracts liaise with GHR to assist with setting appropriate rates for consultants
- Manage procurement plan
- Procure HQ items
- Schedule routine project meetings (including HQ Ops meetings) with all relevant people, take notes including follow-up action items and person responsible
- Provide administrative and logistics support for a biannual international conference
- Support the development and population of a knowledge exchange website.
- Maintain project Intranet Site (notes, project file and documents) and ensure all project documents are uploaded on internal intranet site
- Light editing of project reports and routine reports, documents, communications materials as needed
- Hire/pay US based vendors and consultants
- Manage procurement plan
- Procurement of items from US via internal JHU procurement system
- Travel support for steering committee and conference participants
- Conference call support for virtual steering committee meetings
- Set up routine close-out meetings and ensure Admin close out tasks completed (per workplan); e.g.,
- Work with CMCD to make sure all HQ vendors paid
- Project Documents stored according to policy
- Disposition plans
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or equivalent with 2+ years program and administrative experience
- Specialty in public health preferred
- Interest in global public health
- Very strong organizational skills
- Very good writing skills
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports and documents
- Team player with the ability to interact and communicate skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, both domestically and internationally with diverse groups
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong decision-making skills and results-oriented approach
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups in a developing country environment
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and MS Team Sites
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to travel 10% to low resource settings
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with knowledge management, website population or event planning
- Experience living, working, or studying overseas
About the Organization
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.