PCI is expanding its domestic anti-human trafficking programming, with a specific focus on the prevention of sex trafficking and sexual exploitation at the national and local levels. The prevention of sex trafficking is an integral component of one of PCI’s four technical pillars: Gender & Empowerment. As part of these efforts, PCI will establish and serve as the secretariat of a new business alliance against trafficking, with the aim of engaging the San Diego business community in the fight against human trafficking.
PCI is looking for an experienced and talented leader who has a background in managing membership associations, developing strategic alliances, supporting human resources departments in developing policies and training programs, and/or bringing programs/organizations to scale. A genuine commitment to fighting human trafficking is essential. The Sr. Program Manager position will lead a creative and innovative process to design, start-up, fund, and implement this emerging alliance. This role requires an individual who has the experience, personal network, creativity, and energy needed to put the new alliance on an increasingly upward trajectory in terms of membership, visibility, and impact. She/he will lead the alliance in achieving its mission and serve as the director of its on-going activities including member cultivation and recruitment, communication strategy development, administrative oversight, and serves as the chief spokesperson for the alliance.
The Sr. Program Manager, Business Alliance Against Trafficking (formal alliance name TBD) will be based in PCI’s San Diego International Office and will work under the overall supervision of the Director, Gender & Empowerment, in close collaboration with the Sr. Program Manager, Human Trafficking Prevention.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Thought Leadership and Development
- Lead the advisory committee and colleagues in strategic thinking to develop a strategic vision, mission, and goals for the Alliance and develop a business model to achieve these
- Lead the development of new products and services
- Work with staff and partners to develop a coalition and grassroots outreach plan that engages stakeholders that support the alliance’s objectives and goals
- Maintain and grow the alliance’s business and coalition membership
- Provide leadership to the Alliance’s advisory committee, engaging all members towards the vision and mission of the organization
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, rigorous evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, revenue generation, communications, and systems
- Determine timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Oversee budget management and execution
- Mobilize funds to support the program, and establish and manage membership fee structure
- Manage the administrative side of client accounts and make outbound sales calls to generate membership leads
- Monitor success and impact of the alliance
- Partner with PCI departments for smooth implementation
- Partner with the Sr. Program Manager, Human Trafficking Prevention to align the organization’s overall goals and strategies around human trafficking prevention
- Oversee membership structure and database management
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
- Develop and execute a recruitment strategy that significantly expands the corporate sponsorships and members
- Serve as an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program
- Establish alliances with both local and national organizations that will help advance the business alliance’s mission and vision
- Develop and implement an internal and external communications plan that includes managing the alliance website, newsletter, social media and other applicable communications tools and channels
- Partners with the PCI marketing and development teams to ensure alignment with PCI’s brand and outreach efforts
- Coordinate with local and national stakeholders such as San Diego County’s Advisory Council on Human Trafficking/CSEC
- Manage the outreach and communication plans to relevant stakeholders (newsletters, blogs, social media, etc.)
- Develop strong PR strategies to keep members engaged
- Plan member conferences and networking events
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ progressively more responsible experience in the private sector; background in the management of membership alliances, human resources, operations, and/or administration preferred
- 4+ years leading an alliance, coalition or consortium of stakeholders dedicated to supporting a social cause
- Experience in a senior management role, including responsibility for overseeing the budget and staff of a substantial unit or program
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational management and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality, data-driven programs
- Exceptional time management, with an ability to prioritize both tactical and strategic responsibilities that enable successful management and growth
- An ability to multi-task, seamlessly managing multiple functions, and moving between strategy and implementation easily
- Significant experience developing and managing high-performing teams and cultivating and working effectively with the organization’s executive leadership and Board of Directors
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people
- Strong public speaking and promotional communications skills
- Experience in sales and/or marketing a strong plus
- Understanding of human trafficking a strong plus
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
- Local and domestic travel required
About the Organization
PCI’s mission is to empower people to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship.
The most vulnerable people in the world will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
In 1961, a young doctor from San Diego volunteering at a Tijuana clinic saved the lives of two small children who were dying of pneumonia. This experience led Dr. James Turpin to found PCI and forever change the lives of millions of children and families around the world by providing health and hope to those most in need. Since then, the focus of the organization has remained true to its founder: PCI works in vulnerable communities to improve health and create long-term change by helping people help themselves. For 50 years, thousands of dedicated individuals and groups have worked to make this vision a reality.