Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Rare opportunity to help build a national civil aviation sector. Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Senior Software Development Project Managers for an on-going USAID-funded Engineering Services Project in Afghanistan. The overall objective of this program is to provide direct engineering expertise on a variety of engineering projects for our client. This position is unique in that the candidate will not work on typical engineering-related activities, but support a software development project aimed at producing civil aviation operations, safety and revenue modules for the Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority.
After decades of instability, the Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA) is emerging to assume operational control of the nation’s aerodromes and oversee Afghanistan’s developing aviation industry. Tetra Tech is seeking an Senior Software Development Project Manager to work with a team of ACAA and Tetra Tech software and IT professionals to create a state-of-the-art airport enterprise management software system.
This position is located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
· Coordinate the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in support of a government agency, including defining technical and functional requirements, quality control planning, implementation, upgrades, and integration with existing business and regulatory systems through Agile Process methodology.
· Position will be embedded in the ACAA which requires a strong collaborative and culturally sensitive approach to both the supported agency and supervising a team of locally recruited software developers.
· Position includes daily coordination of a complex technical project dealing with IT infrastructure and software development in an operational civil aviation setting.
· Participate in and provide technical and administrative expertise to the software development team.
· Responsible for coordinating software/system design and specifications, system implementation and integration, and testing.
· Will be responsible for tracking milestones and producing deliverables.
· Identify and report on risks, schedules, and resources.
· Coordinates cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets.
· Advises senior ACAA and Tetra Tech management on technical issues.
· Communicates project issues to stakeholders and senior management.
· Formal education (minimum: Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science or related field.
· Requires at least 15 years of project management experience and at least 5 years of experience developing software and/or managing software development.
· Strong technical knowledge of software application development.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience managing software development projects using Agile methodology.
· Experience coordinating work across multiple teams and departments.
· Effective verbal and written communications.
· Experience in delivery of complex enterprise level software development projects.
· Willingness to accept a minimum 10-month assignment in Kabul, Afghanistan
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience with civil aviation software a plus.
· Experience as software development technical lead.
· Experience working with large distributed databases, statistical analysis, and user interfaces.
· Experience with large distributed systems and cloud computing.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies