The Sr. Statistician/ Sr. Data Analyst will use advanced analytics to work with USAID datasets to support the availability of development research data. The candidate will develop technical solutions to help: mitigate privacy vulnerabilities; facilitate scientific research; document data processes; steer publication decisions; and streamline operating procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop approaches to meet analytics exploratory analysis selecting fit for purpose visualizations and methodologies across and within open data repositories.
- Evaluate/test different privacy-preserving techniques for operational effectiveness: differential privacy, data de-identification, privacy statistical properties of data sets (k-anonymity, l-diversity), etc.
- Employ methods of statistical disclosure controls to mitigate the privacy risks associated with the public disclosure of development data and communicate findings.
- Collaborate with the Privacy Legal Expert to perform regular privacy assessments of data, operational processes; and to identify and mitigate risks through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Acts as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization.
Education: BS or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related field of study.
Experience: At least five years of work experience performing data driven analyses, including experience with privacy/data protection; or a graduate degree or concentration in Statistical Disclosure Limitation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Applied significant programming experience with statistical software packages, such as: SAS, R, SPSS, STATA and Python.
- Ability to perform operations on large datasets, including automated verification and validation.
- Data literacy: Competent in finding and managing data, cleansing and manipulating data; ability to appropriately address extremes, outliers, etc.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position, nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.