Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Strategy and Project Design & Implementation Specialist to provide capacity building and technical assistance to USAID missions and bureaus through the Learning and Knowledge Management (LEARN) contract. This will be a full-time position (defined as at least 40-hour work week) through September 2019 expected to start immediately. This position will be based in Washington DC and will require travel (approximately 25% time).
- Promote the integration of ADS 201 Program Cycle concepts at Missions and Washington Operating Units, with a focus on strategic planning and project design and activity implementation. Responsible for increasing the knowledge and ability of USAID staff and other technical support providers on how to apply Program Cycle principles and comply with ADS 201 requirements.
- Provide direct assistance in strategic planning and project design to Washington and Missions through direct field travel and remote technology.
- Develop and deliver presentations, exercises, and necessary materials for workshops and trainings.
- Facilitate strategy and project design trainings and workshops being delivered in Washington and at Missions.
- Contribute to the Program Cycle Learning Agenda through data collection and analysis, including organizing and facilitating reflection sessions and after action reviews.
- Coordinate with support USAID’s Office of Strategic and Program Planning (SPP) subject matter experts to ensure consistent messaging and quality control, and support organizational behavior change to encourage the adoption of new practices related to strategic planning and project design, planning, and implementation across the agency. Serve as a conduit for Mission feedback on Program Cycle issues to inform PPL’s thinking on ADS 201 implementation.
- Provide internal capacity building through training, mentoring, and coaching to LEARN staff in strategic planning and project and activity design and implementation.
- Support overall Program Cycle-related capacity building and mission engagement efforts.
- Travel overseas required (approximately 25%).
- Other TBD duties to support the SPP office’s mission and LEARN.
- Graduate level degree in international development, international affairs, public policy or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years experience in international development, with at least 7 years in a developing context.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies and operations, including USAID’s Program Cycle policy (ADS 201): strategic planning, project design, activity design, and/or implementation.
- Skilled design and facilitation of engaging and participatory meetings and events both online and in-person.
- Demonstrated experience managing dynamic and complex relationships.
- Experience with capacity building and organizational learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service.
- Experience with USAID strongly preferred.
- Professional references commenting on work style.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.