Summary: Provides technical leadership in Digital Health Solutions. Collaborates with project teams on activities related to Digital Health and GIS. Collaborates with other members of the project team to ensure that deliverables meet the needs of intended populations. With capacity building and developing as a guiding principle, engages closely with and builds the skills of Pathfinder’s global staff, as well as government and/or local NGOs on the design, management and monitoring of digital health applications and platforms. Coordinates with in-country agencies and programs to ensure linkages and to identify opportunities for integration between SRHR and SSCB services and broader health, educational, vocational, and other non-health interventions that meet the needs of intended populations. Assesses technical and training needs for digital technologies, reviews and adapts training materials, and contributes to scaling up successful experiences in implementing best practices in clinical and community settings that lead to increased use of family planning services. Ensures that the project team draws on state-of-the-art knowledge and practices in the areas specific to digital health solutions. Partners with other technical advisors to enable policy, research and programs that benefit women and female children.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Leadership: Provides strategic technical leadership and expertise to project sites on the implementation of high quality digital health products and services at community levels. Leads in the development of or providing technical assistance in the global and country-specific approaches, tools and materials supporting tailored approaches for intended populations in SRHR and SSCB programs. Builds on existing applications, technologies, and tools and develops or adapts innovative approaches to ensure the efficiency, acceptability and impact of SRHR and SSCB products and services.
- Programming Design and Implementation: Leads in the design, development and implementation of innovative, effective, country appropriate digital health programming for SRHR and SSCB to build and develop capacity of intended populations. Includes GIS as appropriate.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and develop digital health SRHR and SSCB standards and guidance, and/or provide SRHR and ISS & CB services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations. Includes GIS as appropriate.
- Technical Support for Proposals: As relates to digital health strategies for new business development, provides technical support on the development of proposals, including including participation in strategizing for technical approach, proposal writing and proposal review.
- Resource Management: Collaborates with other USAID project teams, WHO and other donors and country-based entities in the development and implementation of SRHR and SSCB services to bring a broad range of resources to meet multiple needs of intended populations.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for digital health services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting and project workplan and scale-up.
- Brand Ambassador: Represents Pathfinder International to external organizations and audiences at professional meetings and conferences as assigned
- Liaison with Key Stakeholders: Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders, including USAID/Washington, missions, other donors and USG agencies, and international and local partners such as Bureau for Global Health, World Health Organization, IBP, to play a highly proactive role in repositioning family planning as a preventive health and a socioeconomic development intervention and to share lessons and technical information.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, public health, business, marketing, social science or related discipline.
- Prefer: Master’s degree in related field, such as Master’s in Public Health
- Some experience in working in international development, preferably in implementing programs in developing countries seeking to empower women and female children
- Prefer: Experience with USAID-funded projects
Prefer: Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of low-income countries’ public health systems as relates to use of digital health technologies.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Someknowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and SSCB. Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating digital health solutions , preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in digital health for developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Moderate skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating work relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Full mastery of the CommCare app platform
- Ability to build, customize, and maintain a wide range of digital applications
GIS competency is a very strong plus.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language. French language fluency a strong plus.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
- May supervise others
- Travel required (at least 30%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.