The Senior Technical Writer reports to the business development department and works closely with program and country office staff.
- Research, write, and edit technical sections of proposals and meet all proposal deadlines;
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions with business development and technical teams throughout the life of the proposal;
- Review and contribute to proposal outlines and compliance matrices;
- Work with subject matter experts and country office staff to prepare material for proposals, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text prepared by experts;
- Review proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFP/RFA requirements, in preparation for reviews and final production;
- Travel to country offices to work with local partners and/or staff; gather operational information and country context; and analyze the competitive environment for considering AMIDEAST’s differentiators;
- Provide support to AMIDEAST staff to improve proposal writing skills through workshops and individual trainings;
- Support non-proposal writing/editing tasks (including reports, corporate capability pieces, success stories, expressions of interest, country reports/briefing books, project reports, and others), as required (30% time).
- Expected Outcomes:
- Incumbent actively engages with business development team, subject matter experts, and country office staff during program design.
- AMIDEAST employees’ skills in proposal writing are improved due to incumbent’s effective training, mentoring, and one-on-one coaching on compelling proposal writing.
- The number of proposals submitted annually increases.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.A. or equivalent in education, international relations/ development, journalism, or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the international development field with minimum 5 years of experience focusing on the Middle East and North Africa;
- Significant knowledge of international education and training programs, including gender, youth and workforce development.
- Minimum 6 years of proposal development experience for USAID and other USG agencies;
- Demonstrated success in writing USAID, foundation and grant proposals;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with diverse teams deliver in a timely manner working as part of a team;
- Excellent writing and editing skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French highly desirable.
Please apply via our website at www.amideast.org. AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/ Women /Veterans/Disability /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.