SRHR Learning, Dissemination, and Outreach Advisor
Summary: Manages content and/or creative development to increase Pathfinder’s technical visibility ensuring that Pathfinder’s know-how, information and experience is shared internally and externally with staff, partners, and key stakeholders. Ensures that assigned global programs adhere to branding standards and guidelines and comply with donor requirements.
Key Job Outcomes:
1 Learning, Dissemination and Outreach Strategy Implementation: Guides and implements plans and strategies to achieve country and project-specific learning, dissemination, and outreach objectives. Leads conceptualization and oversight of the writing, editorial, and dissemination management of outreach materials geared towards technical audiences. Ensures consistency in language, look and feel of all materials.
2 Editorial Direction: Delivers editorial direction to promote thought leadership across materials supplied to other departments. Provides guidance to internal creative services, including website, social media, and print collateral materials.
3 Communications Planning Execution: Ensures timely production of Pathfinder’s newsletter, factsheets, success stories and other communications vehicles geared toward technical audiences.
4 Brand Awareness and Loyalty: Represents Pathfinder at professional communications meetings, international conferences and other events. Continually builds and maintains senior level partnerships with regional, national, and international organizations.
5 Research: Tracks and investigates new communications opportunities and applications.
6 Business Development Support: Ensuring resources for strategic positioning and visibility efforts, contributes to the development of project proposals and budgets.
7 External Relations Liaison: Serves as Pathfinder’s point of contact for technical outreach, who forwards communication requests to appropriate departments. Builds and strengthens collaborative relationships with internal business units and teams.
8 Vendor Supervision and Oversight: Oversees and guides vendor relationships. Identifies, recruits and engages communication professionals. Provides content and editorial oversight for consultants.
9 Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates in cross functional project teams
Minimally Required Job Competencies:
* Communications Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of applying standards, guidelines and best practices to communications efforts.
* Brand Strategy Development and Implementation: Advanced skills to create, execute and sustain effective enterprise-wide brand strategies, guidelines and standards.
* Visual and Design Skills: Advanced visual and design skills
* Design and Print Production: Advanced knowledge of design process and print production.
* Communications Tools: Advanced knowledge of online and new media communications tools.
* Leadership and Management: Proven ability to lead, supervise and coach members of staff in different locations.
* Job-Specific Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of software applications for web-based solutions, social media platforms, and apps.
* Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
* Reporting: Proven ability to read and interpret data for reporting. Proven ability to generate and present standard reports.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
* Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
* Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
* Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using the English language
* Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
* Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators.
* Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
* Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
* Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
* Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures, and ability to adapt local practices to global standards.
* Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
* Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required competencies
* Prefer: Master’s degree in a related field
* 7 years’ professional strategic communication experience, preferably in family planning, reproductive health, and international health
* Work experience with a multinational organization
* Experience leading global staff and vendors
* Prefer: Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in the understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs preferred. English and French language preferred
* Travel required (at least 20%)
* Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
* May provide supervision of temporary, volunteer or staff as assigned
* May be accountable for the performance and workload assignment of external consultants and vendors
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.