Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and customer-service oriented individual to fill the position of Staff and Recruitment Coordinator located in our Washington, D.C. office. This is a temporary position with the potential for temp-to-hire.
Role & Responsibilities
On a daily basis, the Staff and Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for supporting international recruiting activities and completing staff support tasks to ensure personnel and office operations needs are met. The Staff and Recruitment Coordinator position is based in the Washington, DC office of Crown Agents and reports to the Recruiting Manager. The position is exempt.
The Staff and Recruitment Coordinator contributes to the profitable growth of CA-USA through:
- Providing professional recruitment coordination support to meet home office, project, and proposal staffing needs;
- Working in partnership with business managers and staff in the development of a performance management culture and the delivery of business goals; and
- Maintaining a supportive office environment that ensures staff are able to complete their individual responsibilities.
The Staff and Recruitment Coordinator must possess excellent inter-personal skills, be highly independent, demonstrate enthusiasm, and have the ability to multi-task effectively and manage several priority tasks simultaneously.
Recruitment, Selection, and Business Development
- Create and place job advertisements in various internet and print media;
- Source, screen, and sort CVs sent in response to advertisements for open and proposed positions through applicant tracking systems;
- Identify non-active job seekers for difficult-to-fill CA-USA positions via LinkedIn and other resources;
- Arrange interviews between candidates, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers;
- Participate in interviews for domestic and/or international roles upon request by Recruiting Manager;
- Identify candidates for the intern positions;
- Carry out reference checks;
- Submit background checks for international and domestic staff;
- Verify salary or daily rate information for prospective candidates;
- Process new hire paperwork in coordination with the Human Resource department;
- Support business development functions through staffing and personnel support on proposals;
- Complete research and knowledge management projects to support capture and proposal preparation; and
- Other recruitment duties as assigned.
- Create, organize, and file Payment Request Forms and obtain appropriate signatures from managers;
- Prepare check requests and process bills for general & administrative (G&A) project and overhead (OH) expenses in a timely fashion; and
- Other administration duties as assigned.
Staff and Facilities Support
- Maintain core hours of facilities support and representation at the front desk as established weekly with the Recruiting Manager;
- Answer incoming calls in a timely fashion, and assist callers with a customer service approach;
- Facilitate communication with traveling staff;
- Greet and assist visitors;
- Receive and distribute mail, arranging courier for key documents including maintaining organized and accurate mail/courier logs;
- Maintain and update key holders list and all office keys and swipe cards;
- Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies and order additional supplies as needed while coordinating delivery and stock of all office supplies upon receipt;
- Coordinate office maintenance requests with building management team for timely resolution;
- Update internal phone extension list as needed;
- Prepare office space for incoming employees with appropriate supplies, signage, and facilities information;
- Maintain orderliness of all common areas including conference rooms, reception area, kitchen, and common areas; and
- Other facilities management duties as assigned.
Executive Team Support
- Upon request, ensure CEO/President’s messages are promptly communicated by mail, e-mail, phone or in person;
- Upon request, arrange for refreshments for President and visitors;
- Upon request, arrange travel and accommodation for CEO/President and CA team;
- Upon request, organize meetings, agendas, and itineraries and compile meeting and visit files to include relevant information;
- Upon request, make travel and accommodation arrangements for CEO visitors to CA and schedule meetings as required; and
- Other Executive Team Support duties as assigned.
IT & General Support
- Undertake any assigned special recruiting projects on an as needed basis, including assisting with technology upgrades and/or researching and reporting on changes to employment law; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Liaise with relevant field office teams as assigned by project managers;
- Coordinate staff and expense payments of field office teams as assigned by project managers;
- Receive, review, and submit all relevant project deliverables to project managers for final donor submission;
- Participate in project start-up and close-out tasks as necessary;
- Serve as home office point-of-contact for field office teams as assigned by project managers; and
- Other support duties for project teams as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required;
- Fluency in English is required, additional language capabilities preferred;
- Legal ability to work and live in the United States is required;
- Minimum one-year professional work experience required;
- Experience with recruiting, administration, or a related position within the international development or government contracting sector preferred;
- Experience updating and maintaining an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or other database system desired, but not required;
- Prior demonstrated work history or interest in recruiting, administration, or human resources as a profession preferred;
- Comfortable navigating online outreach platforms and utilizing social media sources;
- Experience in international development, international work or study abroad experience is a plus;
- Prior donor experience is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience maintaining accurate records; and
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being resourceful and flexible, which is inherent in this position.
Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
About the Organization
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 11 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in procurement, logistics, health systems strengthening, customs and trade facilitation and public financial management.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.