Staff Technical Specialist Level II, Monitoring and Evaluation of Criminal Justice System Operation, Mexico
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Promoting Justice Project (PROJUST) is a five-year initiative funded by USAID aimed to provide customized direct and indirect support at the state and national levels for the June 2016 Constitutional Criminal Justice Reform (CJR) for full transition to the New Criminal Justice System (NCJS). This support will contribute to broader United States Government (USG) and Government of Mexico (GOM) efforts to mitigate conflict, reduce impunity and promote a more transparent and efficient justice system in Mexico. The project is organized into four tasks: strengthen legitimacy of the criminal justice system; increase capacity for monitoring and evaluation of criminal justice system operation; increase public support for the NCJS; increase access to justice and improve victim assistance.
**Please note: Mexican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.**
The technical specialist level II will assist in the implementation of the aforementioned Task II: to increase capacity for the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the criminal justice system operation. S/he will be responsible for supervising and/or conducting the implementation M&E units within key justice system institutions in the program’s target states. As such, the specialist will supervise the work of consultants or directly implement changes in justice institutions to improve the CJR in Mexico.
- Provide technical assistance for the creation or improvement of M&E units in key justice sector institutions in target states.
- Provide statistical analysis on performance indicators for the criminal justice reform consolidation.
- Monitor the progress of consultants and subcontractors.
- Support the Task II leader in the strategic design and implementation of all technical activities.
- Assist in drafting reports and preparing monthly calendars.
- Provide support for other projects required by PROJUST.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, information technology systems, economics, engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of M&E activities that may be relevant to the accusatorial criminal procedure, including the National Criminal Procedure Code.
- Familiarity with the Mexican justice sector and cultural context preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish including excellent verbal and writing skills; proficiency in English preferred.
- Ability to engage with justice sector counterparts.
- Availability to travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of project management and experience supervising consultants and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of indicators and statistics.
- Strong research and presentation skills preferred.
- Collaborative and team player attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.