Creates innovative recruiting strategies and implements global plans to attract and engage top internal and external talent. Build the global talent pipeline and inspire all hiring managers to prioritize staffing as a key lever to achieve positive outcomes. Monitors and evaluates the full recruiting cycle and ensures continuous improvements.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Talent Acquisition and Management Strategy and Plan: Partners with Business Unit leads and local HRMs to create and execute an annual recruiting strategy and plan based on the analyses of operational and developmental opportunities. Determines strategic technology driven solutions that support Pathfinder operations. Partners with country Human Resources Managers to guide their creation of customized plans to meet country office staffing goals. Partners with senior leaders and HRMs to promote and facilitate Pathfinder’s organization and talent review to support succession planning.
2. Staffing Standards and Guidelines: Lead the full staffing cycle, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, on-boarding, and exiting
3. On-boarding and Assimilation: Works with local HRMs to ensure proper preparation, coordination and facilitation of multi-media onboarding for all new hires in all countries and internal transfers throughout the organization.
4. Leadership, Management and Supervision: Recruits, hires, develops and supervises the Recruiting staff.
5. Sourcing and Candidate Vetting: Establishes and utilizes innovative sourcing strategies and networks to grow a diverse pipeline of candidates. Oversees sourcing of qualified
candidates to fill open positions. Establishes standards and guidelines for reviewing resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements. Screens and interviews candidates both over the phone, via SKYPE and in person to assess skills and technical abilities.
6. On-site Interviews Coordination: Establishes and oversees the standards and guidelines for coordination of site visits and logistics for qualified candidates.
7. Job Offers and Negotiation: Works with hiring managers and the recruiting team to extend job offers based on recommendations and prior interviews.
8. Recruiting Event Coordination: Oversees the creation, coordination, and execution of on/off site recruiting events.
9. Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation of Recruiting Activities: Establishes metrics for program success of recruiting and provides analysis of reports to make recommendations for improvements.
10. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
· Employee Life Cycle: Advanced knowledge of employee life cycle (from recruiting to separation). Proven ability to manage and drive life cycle processes.
· Human Resources Principles, Practices and Guidelines: Advanced knowledge in compensation, employee relations, recruiting, performance management and training.
· Recruiting Strategies: Advanced skills in developing and implementing recruitment strategies that positively impact time to fill, quality of hire, and other recruiting metrics and outcomes.
· Marketplace Trends: Proven ability to stay abreast of marketplace trends
· Management and Supervision: Proven ability to hire, develop and supervise others.
· Employer Branding: Proven ability to represent Pathfinder with a high degree of professionalism and promote a positive image.
· Employment Law: Foundational knowledge of US and country specific regulations and laws specific to staffing.
· HRIS Systems: Ability to maximize the use of human resources information systems. Ability to utilize Pathfinder’s applicant tracking system. Ability to educate and transfer knowledge and skills of Cornerstone to HR team and hiring managers.
· Negotiation Skills: Proven ability to negotiate with external providers and vendors.
· Strategic Leadership: Proven ability to translate business goals into program design and inspire employees.
· Vendor Relationship Management: Proven ability to build and manage positive vendor relationships to ensure administrative accuracy, strong plan performance, regulatory compliance and cost containment.
· Innovation: Proven ability to generate and implement a variety of programs, and approaches.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· Software Applications: Advanced knowledge and practice of HRIS (all talent related modules) Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
· Project Management Planning and Management: Excellent ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
· Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments based on facts. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
· Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using English language.
· Communication: Advanced communication skills Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues in ‘human speak’.
· Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to present to and influence executive decision-makers using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Mastery customer service skills.
· Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. In a fast-paced environment, proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Critical thinking and ‘connecting the dots’ a must.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Self-starter, resourceful and collaborative Detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and agile in learning new systems, processes and procedures. and adept at adapting to local practices to global standards.
· Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Proven experience communicating, collaborating and building relationships with diverse stakeholders.
· Matrix Management: Proven track record of thriving in a matrix organization.
· Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
· Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
· 5 years’ experience in a senior management and leadership role
· 7 years’ experience in a global talent acquisition role
· Prefer: Experience in the health sector
· Prefer: Experience in a global organization
· Prefer: Competency in a second language (French)
· International Travel required to Africa and Asia 20% or less
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.