Creative is seeking a Standards Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children. The Standards Specialist will be responsible for assisting coordination and development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international short-term technical assistance (STTA), ensuring alignment with English and Hausa education standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Assessment and Standards Advisor.
The Standards Specialist will:
- Coordinate the development of early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria;
- Provide leadership for the development and/or adaptation of curricula and instructional materials, in coordination with the Information and Communication Technology and materials development specialist;
- Develop, implement, and support teacher, school leader, and local government authority staff training in early literacy methods and materials, in coordination with the teacher training specialists;
- Coordinate with staff in state offices to ensure the fidelity and quality of program implementation at the school level;
- Coordinate with the monitoring and evaluation team to develop knowledge-sharing efforts related to early literacy, including communication briefs and presentations on achievements and lessons learned; and
- Coordinate with the project director and home office technical team to share lessons learned, problem-solve, and ensure that work in the field meets the highest standards of quality and is consistent with the state of the art in early grade
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Educational Qualification in Standards, or related fields;
- At least 10 years of general experience and five (5) years of experience in measurement, evaluation and student assessment;
- Expert knowledge in reading instruction;
- Demonstrated experience in measurement, evaluation and assessment report writing;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.