DPS seeks a Statistician to provide a broad range of statistical support to the CDC Tanzania and the PEPFAR interagency team. The Statistician shall provide assistance to data analysts, research physicians, epidemiologists, behavioral scientists, program managers, and other professional staff collaborating on CDC-supported programs including PEPFAR-supported Public Health Evaluations, Basic Program Evaluations and other implementation science projects. The Statistician shall develop and review protocols, development of sampling plans, apply appropriate statistical methods to the analysis of program and project data, and implement statistical software applications for epidemiological and surveillance activities for HIV/AIDS.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for CDC-supported Heath Systems Strengthening, Health Information Systems, Human Capacity Building and Institutional Capacity Building activities.
- Provide technical support to CDC-Tanzania in health financing issues, including mobilization, needs assessment, and allocation of resources.
- Participate on matters related to governance, donor coordination, health financing, and analysis of Global Fund activities and programs for CDC Tanzania.
- Participate in expenditure analysis, costing activities, and financial review activities within CDC Tanzania.
- Engage in discussions regarding the development of physical infrastructure at health facilities and local institutions, including on electrification and sanitation.
- Serves as an advisor of the policy and systems aspects of other programs across health areas in CDC-Tanzania.
- Provide expert technical assistance and support for strategic planning for USG/CDC-Tanzania in HSS with focus on plans and policies.
- Promote a “health systems” approach in the work of other USG technical teams and provide technical guidance on cost-effectiveness and innovations in program delivery.
- Provide expert technical advice to CDC-Tanzania on integrated and cost effective health policies related to comprehensive health service delivery, human capacity development, health systems leadership and governance, health information systems, health systems financing, health administration, procurement and supply chain, and infrastructure development.
- Serves as CDC Tanzania’s point-of-contact for technical issues related to Human Capacity Development and Intuitional Capacity Building.
- Provide support to the CoAg Management Team on all technical issues supporting health systems strengthening activities, including quarterly reports, SIMS and other site visits, semiannual/annual/quarterly progress reports, expenditure analysis and Country Operational Plans.
- Assists program/technical staff with program management and coordination activities as needed.
- Supports oversight of cooperative agreement partners by providing technical advice and programmatic guidance to ensure activities and investments are aligned with PEPFAR strategic priorities and activities.
- Prepares for, conducts, and actively contributes to SIMS visits in Tanzania.
- Contributes to the development of new activities, drafting technical materials for in support of new funding opportunity announcements.
- In consultation with the program/technical staff, participates in relevant national Technical Working Group (TWG).
- Serves as a key member of the PEPFAR interagency technical teams.
- Engages with CDC/OGAC headquarters’ technical working groups to provide technical advice and guidance.
- Travel in country (Tanzania) to fulfill a specific program’s monitoring or training requirements and share expertise in disease intervention, public health practices, etc.
Graduation from an accredited university with a Ph.D. in Biostatistics and/or Epidemiology or related area, from an accredited college and/or university;
At least seven years of experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, and/or other communicable disease research and/or program settings focused on analysis and use of routinely available data, preferably in a resource-limited setting;
Demonstrated experience in developing, conducting and analyzing research and routine programmatic data;
Specific experience in statistical support, mentoring and capacity building to CDC/USG, Ministry of Health, and implementing partners in the application of statistical methods in the development and implementation of public health research, including the analysis, interpretation, and publication/dissemination of research data;
At least three years of substantial knowledge of PEPFAR programs is desirable;
Ability to demonstrate excellent time and project management skills;
Ability to effectively communicate in English (Speaking, Writing, and Reading) on a daily basis with various groups. Level IV English proficiency required; and
Ability to work full-time and to be located in Tanzania is required.
About the Organization
Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.