Statistician/Expert (Consultant), Independent Evaluation of the Georgia II STEM Higher Education Project, Georgia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
This Evaluation will provide a rich analysis of project implementation, and provides lessons that can be valuable to the Georgian government in its objectives to improve STEM higher education quality, to MCC in future investments in tertiary education partnerships, to U.S. higher education institutions and associations, and to the international donor community more broadly. The evaluation will be outcome/impact oriented and focus on uncovering concrete evidence on what worked, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
Period of Performance:
The consultancy will be intermittent over an estimated 60-month activity duration.
The Statistician/Sampling Expert will provide expertise in research and survey analysis and design. The Statistician/Sampling Expert will conduct tracer studies for educational/training programs.
- PhD or equivalent in relevant field (statistics, economics, public policy, etc).
- Minimum 5 years experiences conducting research in the education field.
- Demonstrated expertise in survey sampling methodology, particularly in conducting tracer studies for education or training programs.
- Experience working in post-Soviet countries preferred.
- Strong economic, statistics and econometrics skills, including experience with detailed, high-level data analysis and sampling.
- Fluency in English and Advanced Proficiency in Georgian.
- Experience with qualitative research methods, including focus groups and Key Informant Interviews.
- Experience with social and gender research, particularly in Georgia or Eastern Europe more broadly.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting cost benefit analysis (CBA) in the Education sector particularly tertiary education, including expertise in methodology and estimation of the benefit and cost streams.
**Local Consultant Candidates are Encouraged to Apply**
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls