MSI is currently seeking candidates for senior-level communications managers and directors for ongoing and upcoming strategic communications projects with the U.S. government. Types of positions include chief of party, project director, senior communications manager or advisor, project lead or the equivalent. He/she/they will be responsible for providing overall management of an entire program, including strategic technical direction and administrative oversight such as personnel, financial compliance and adherence to federal contracting regulations and policies. Positions will be based in the U.S. and developing countries. All positions will be contingent upon donor and/or client funding and award.
- Lead the development and implementation of all strategic communications activities, including but not limited to campaign development and implementation; digital media such as video and multimedia production; social media, such as content creation and analytics; traditional media, such as press releases, press conferences and interviews; print publications such as reports, briefs and other collateral; media monitoring and measuring activities; event, workshop and training facilitation, including live and virtual venues; graphic design and web development and maintenance; and other activities as required by the client.
- Establish a sophisticated working knowledge of client’s issues, messaging, priorities and culture, including ability to maintain strong client relationships and advise client as needed.
- Guide staff and subcontractors to produce compelling, relevant content that adheres to branding and style guidelines and uses a consistent tone, style and language to communicate to target audiences.
- Contribute to the presentation and execution of communications products and services.
- Provide overall strategic direction and advice to the client to identify outcomes and measure success using rigorous monitoring methodologies.
- Adhere to communications best practices and apply innovation from the public and private sector.
- Provide overall technical and operational leadership for the implementation of projects while ensuring compliance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, short-term experts and subcontractors to achieve project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with donors and other stakeholders.
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract delivery requirements, including all reports.
- Oversee internal management of the project, including the budget and performance monitoring and evaluation.
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, English, communications, journalism, social science or a related area. Advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communications.
· Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
· Demonstrated success in developing and implementing communications strategies and campaigns to diverse audiences.
· Experience in strategic communications more broadly, including content production and promotion, social media, video and photo editing, event planning and/or communications and social media analytics preferred.
· Experience with U.S. government clients, multilateral and bilateral international development donors, NGOs and/or the private sector valuable.
· Native fluency in English is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.