Cardno is seeking a full-time Strategic Communications Project Manager to support the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) Program. The DOC program is an international training project of more than 150 communications officers across USAID’s Missions worldwide. The trainings cover all facets of communications and public affairs, and their intersection with USAID initiatives and policies. They are conducted quarterly in various locations overseas and Washington for up to 10 days.
- Provide ongoing operational and DOC team support, complete writing assignments, act as a first-line liaison with USAID Mission and headquarters personnel, and collect, organize and disseminate project materials.
- Position will also provide logistical, event-planning and travel support for the week-long international conferences, particularly in scheduling and rate negotiations of trainings, consultations, lodging, and travel.
- Acquiring and organizing all program training materials and equipment, including administrative aspects of the project such as ensuring compliance with all U.S. Government policies on contracting and travel.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the field of strategic communications, as well as event planning or public affairs.
- Sound logistical and detail-oriented skill sets.
- Must have experience working internationally, preferably in developing countries.
- Able to travel to developing countries to conduct international trainings for up to 10 days at a time, and 3 to 5 times a year.
- Must be available to work on-site at USAID headquarters in Washington.
- Able to maintain high level of professionalism.
- Master’s degree with 3 years experience or bachelor’s with 5 years in a strategic communications field.
- Must have US work authorization.
Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening. Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.