Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
Dexis Professional Services is seeking a Strategic Information: Informatics Technical Advisor to provide Health Management Information System support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Division of Global HIV/AIDS South Africa (SA).
The primary objectives of this position is to:
- Provide expert scientific direction and input to the PEPFAR SA and South Africa Government (SAG) programs in the area of health management information systems design, implementation, and utilization.
- Provide relevant technical support and guidance to existing PEPFAR technical staff.
- Support the increased availability and quality of data for evidence-based monitoring and development, capacity building and increase data use at the national, sub-national, and facility levels.
- Strengthen data management and quality improvement, aligning PEPFAR and SAG indicators and reporting systems, and implementing the 3-tiered ART monitoring system.
- Provide expert scientific advice, consultation and leadership in designing, coordinating and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives and priorities.
- Build technical informatics capacity within the CDC/DGHT South Africa team.
- Manage projects involved with public health informatics and serves as a subject matter expert in the utilization and implementation of IT systems integrating epidemiologic and other information from a scientific perspective.
- Implement scientific policies and procedures on informatics practices and principles.
- Assist CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing Health Information Management System. Health information Management System (HMIS)-related activities
- Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa implementing partners to assess, monitor, and evaluate implementation of HMIS programs against goals and objectives.
- Develop strategies to meet short and long-range goals for the applicable program and assures that strategies reflect most promising directions in research, preventive, and clinical approaches as it relates to public health informatics.
- Coordinate the sharing of health-related informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- Apply new methods, approaches, and technology to new and unusual situations and these methods have broad applications in the field.
- Collaborate and provide expert scientific advice to a variety of nation-wide and international organizations to synthesize, and implement informatics policies and directions for future development.
- Collaborate with and provide expert advice to all organizational levels with the agency, as well as with various partner organizations.
- Graduate degree in informatics, computer science, or other related field
- Advanced training in epidemiology and public health evaluation
DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.